Two adults were injured, one with critical burns, when their stove caught fire in Cherryvale on Sunday.
An alarm was received at 11:35 p.m. on Sunday for a fire in the 4000 block of Eleanor Drive in the community off Broad Street near Shaw Air …
This item is available in full to subscribers
Click here to log in
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
If you aren't yet a subscriber,
click here to start a new subscription.
You also have the option of purchasing 24 hours of website access, for just 99 cents. *
Click here to continue.
* Full access is available from time of purchase through 11:59pm the following day
An alarm was received at 11:35 p.m. on Sunday for a fire in the 4000 block of Eleanor Drive in the community off Broad Street near Shaw Air Force Base, according to a Sumter Fire Department incident report.
The fire is thought to have started on the stove when one of the two occupants "went to move the pot and spilled grease," a firefighter wrote in the report.
No damage to the house was reported though an adult male and female were transported to Augusta Burn Center, according to Sumter County EMS Director Bobby Hingst.
Hingst said one person was in critical condition because of the burns, while the other was stable. He said he had not heard an update of their condition since they were transported.
More Articles to Read