Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 8 - Pastor appreciation celebration for the Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks at 6 p.m. at West End Community Church, 101 S. Salem Ave. The Rev. Malcom O. Simpson will speak.
* Saturday, Sept. 15 - Giveaway from 8 a.m. until noon.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 19-21 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly with speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Jerome Sumpter; Thursday, Pastor Donna Harvin Jackson, of Pine Hill AME; and Friday, Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Community Church of Praise, 562 S. Pike Road, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - The eighth pastoral anniversary celebration for Apostle Dorothy and Brother Warren Maple at 4 p.m. Pastor Lashonda McElveen will speak.
Edwin Boyle Santee Summer Ministry, 1098 Lemon Ave., Manning, (across from Camp Bob Cooper), announces:
* Sundays through Sept. 2 - Outdoor interdenominational worship service will be held at 9:30 a.m. for those who spend summer weekends at Lake Marion. Check us out on Facebook.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Saturday - Chinese auction at noon.
* Sunday - Fourth Sunday fellowship at 4 p.m. with Overseer James Holiday, pastor of St. Davis Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ.
* Friday-Sunday, Sept. 7-9 - The 10th pastoral anniversary of Dr. Otis and Deherda Butler will be celebrated as follows: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Apostle Gregory Dennis and the New Millennium Church family; 5 p.m. Saturday, banquet at the Marion H. Newton Family Life Enrichment Center, 415 Manning Ave., with Dr. Marion H. Newton and the Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church family; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, worship service with the Rev. Clinton Caeser and the New Born Ministry of Charlotte, North Carolina.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday - Healthcare breakfast and seminar 8 a.m.-1 p.m. The Rev. Jackie Talley will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 2 - Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - Trustee and trustee spouses day will be celebrated during 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Sept. 16 - Pastor's aide anniversary celebration during 10:15 a.m. worship.
Joshua Baptist Church, 5200 Live Oak Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Missionary singers anniversary program at 5 p.m. featuring various church choirs.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 8 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon for a teaching on spiritual freedom. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Beginning Monday - From 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, accepting applications for the 2018-2019 after school program for kindergarten through sixth grade. Call (803) 773-3546 for information.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Usher's ministry anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Ricky Syndad will speak.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Sunday - Church school day program at 9 a.m.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends pack-the-pew singing, word of God and repast at 3:30 p.m. Elder Adiera Black, pastor of Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church of Bishopville, will speak.
* Friday, Sept. 7 - Seventh pastoral anniversary celebration for Pastor Sheila Neal at 7 p.m. Elder Eugene Canty, pastor of Candy Memorial COGIC, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - The seventh anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 11:15 a.m. with repast to follow the service. The Rev. Aurelia Hill, pastor of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Saturday - Ladies garden tea from 10 a.m. until noon.
* Sunday - Children's missions recognition service at 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Sept. 1 - Youth field day from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Sept. 6-7 - Healing and deliverance service at 7 p.m. Bishop Keith Chambers, of Marion, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 16 - Homecoming / friends and family day celebration at 3 p.m. Ranzy McFadden Jr., of St. John Baptist Church of Silver, will speak.
St. Mark AME Church, corner of First Street and Larry King Jr. Highway, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - The ecumenical play "The Women of the Bible" will be presented at 4 p.m. An offering will be received.
St. Paul AME Church, 835 Plowden Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday - Second pastoral anniversary celebration for the Rev. Frederick Graves at 10 a.m. Retired Presiding Elder Charles Graves will speak.
St. Peter AME Church, 5903 S.C. 527, Mayesville, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel festival at 3 p.m.
* Sunday - Homecoming celebration at 2 p.m. The Rev. Dr. James S. Cooper, presiding elder of the Sumter district, will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 12-14 - Revival at 7:30 nightly. Evangelist Rod Wilkinson, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church of Rochester, New York, will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Today-Saturday - Gospel singing for the 12th anniversary of Burning Bridges Ministry at 6 nightly. Friday night will feature the Ward's music and Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown. Saturday night will feature Southern Journey and the Believer's Quartet. A love offering will be received.
More Articles to Read