Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday - Black history program at 3 p.m. James L. Felder will speak.
Bethel AME Church, 1605 S.C. 261, Wedgefield, announces:
* Sunday - Black history observance, fill a pew and soul food Sunday will be held beginning at 10:15 a.m.
Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church, 4319 Rowe Drive, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday, March 11 - The trustee's 21st anniversary celebration at 2 p.m. The Rev. Ranzy McFadden will speak.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday - Free NACA home ownership workshop from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Sunday - Black history program at 3 p.m.
Corinth Missionary Baptist Church, 25 Community St., announces:
* Sunday - The 14th church anniversary worship celebration will be held at 5 p.m. Dr. James Blassingame, president of the Baptist E&M Convention of South Carolina, will speak.
Divine Purpose Outreach Ministries, 218 Commerce St., Manning, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Feb. 28-March 2 - Crossing Over Revival at 7:30 nightly. Apostle Cravon Smith, of Fayetteville, North Carolina, will speak.
Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, 105 Dinkins St., Manning, announces:
* Sunday - Black history program at 11 a.m. U.S. Marshal Kelvin Washington, District of South Carolina, will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Today - Youth ministry worship service at 7 p.m.
Goodwill Presbyterian Church USA, 295 N. Brick Church Road, Mayesville, announces:
* Sunday - Black history worship celebration at 11 a.m. followed by a soul food meal. Jeannette Dozier, of Columbia, will speak.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday - Annual blood drive and yard sale beginning at 8 a.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Black history observance / male chorus anniversary will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, March 4 - Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, March 25 - Palm Sunday will be observed during the 10:15 a.m. worship.
Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church, 803 S. Harvin St., announces:
* Sunday - Minister licensure, deacon and deaconess ordination, leader and congregation consecration service at 5 p.m. Dr. Clinton Brantley will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, March 10 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon. Debbie Dyches will speak. All ladies, all ages, are invited. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church, 7355 Camden Highway, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday - Black history celebration during 9 a.m. service. The Rev. Roosevelt Williams will speak.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday, March 3 - Indoor garage sale from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tables are $20 each. Call (803) 773-3546 or (803) 565-5967.
* Saturday, March 24 - Joint health fair of Mount Zion Missionary Baptist and First Baptist Missionary Church from 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Golden Age Fellowship Ministry's black history anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, March 4 - The Rev. Johnnie M. Gist will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, March 11 - Benedict College Day will be celebrated at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Roslyn Clark-Artis, president and CEO of Benedict College, will speak.
* Sunday, March 18 - Pulpit Aid / Pastor's Support Ministry anniversary at 10:45 a.m.
Nehemiah Kingdom Builder's Assembly, 845 Webb St., announces:
* Sunday - Official affirmation to the apostolic office of chief apostle at 4 p.m. at Westend Community Church, 101 S. Salem Ave. Prelate RC Ratliff, chief consecrator, and Apostle - Designate Sylvester Francis III will speak.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Saturday - Annual Doris H. Fulwood Scholarship luncheon at noon.
* Sunday - Annual senior citizens program at 10 a.m.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday, March 10 - A barbecue dinner fundraiser for Van and Jennifer Thames, hosted by the men's ministry, from 5 to 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Van has been battling cancer and undergoing chemo for the past year and unable to work. Jennifer, who has been the sole bread winner, was recently injured in a fall and has been unable to work. Jennifer will be out of work for several more weeks as she recovers from extensive surgery to repair broken bones and torn ligaments. Higher Calling will provide music during the dinner. Plates will be available for eat in or take out and advance tickets are not required. All we ask if for you to make a donation.
* Sunday, March 25 - The Jordan Family Band (http://jordanfamilyband.com/) will be in concert at 6:30 p.m. A love offering will be received. Nursery provided. Refreshments and the opportunity to meet the family will follow. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Refreshing Springs Kingdom Outreach, meets at Colony Square, 741 Bultman Drive, Suite 21, announces:
* Wednesday - Fresh fire healing and deliverance service at 7 p.m.
* Saturday, March 31 - Kingdom United prayer breakfast at 10 a.m.
St. Anne - St. Jude Catholic Church, 611 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday - Black history program at 2:30 p.m. presented by the St. Peter Claver Ladies Auxiliary and Knights of St. Peter Claver. Carrie Sinkler Parker will speak. Music will be provided by St. Ann St. Jude School choir, Catholic youth of Sumter, St. Jude choir and the Benevolence Choir.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, March 4 - Pastor's 11th anniversary celebration at 4 p.m. Pastor Jonathan Anderson, of Fellowship Baptist Church of Manning, will speak.
St. Mark AME Church, corner of First Street and Larry King Jr. Highway, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 2:30 p.m. with dinner to follow. The Rev. Albert Thompson, pastor of Friendship AME Church of Summerton, will speak.
St. Paul Holiness Church, 129 1/2 W. Moore St., announces:
* Sunday, March 4 - The Washington-Diaz family will present a scholarship benefit concert in honor of Gwendolyn Washington-Diaz at 4 p.m.
Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, 1130 Granby Lane, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - Black history program.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., announces:
* Saturday - Black history event from 6 to 8 p.m. The theme is dreams to reality.
* Sunday - Black history worship service at 10 a.m.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, March 11 - Ushers' anniversary program at 4 p.m. The Rev. Maggie Richardson will speak.
More Articles to Read