Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday, Feb. 3 - An evening of love, laughter, fun and food, sponsored by the Sisters of Faith and the Hospitality Ministries, will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Ruach, 245 Oswego Road.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Feb. 24 - Free NACA home ownership workshop from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 25 - Black history program at 3 p.m.
Concord Baptist Church, 1885 Myrtle Beach Highway, announces:
* Sunday - Dr. Dennis Benton will be in concert at 6 p.m. Love offering will be received.
Green Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1260 Green Hill Church Road, Alcolu, announces:
* Sunday - Tag team worship service at 3 p.m. Prophetess Rhonda W. Goins and Evangelist Lakisha Whitaker will speak.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - The annual 200 Men in Black program will be held at 4 p.m. E. Spencer Scott, most worshipful grand master state of South Carolina Prince Hall affiliate, will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 4 - Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Saturday-Sunday, Feb. 10-11 - The missionary ministry will hold its third health fair and women in red weekend as follows: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday and 10:15 a.m. worship on Sunday.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Feb. 10 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Adrian Renee Mills will speak. Ladies of all ages are invited. A love offering will be received. knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 18 - Family and friends day at 4 p.m. The Rev. Alvin Webb, of Unionville AME Church, Mayesville, will speak.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Today - Morris College National Alumni Association Hall of Fame Gala at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $100 each and proceeds support scholarships for deserving students at Morris College. Call Altoya Felder-Deas, director of alumni affairs, at (803) 934-3167 for more details.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 4 - Black history celebration at 6 p.m. The Rev. Joseph Ricks will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 11 - Youth black history month worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Norris Williams, assistant superintendent of Sumter School District, will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 18 - Trustee Ministry's black history anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 25 - Golden Age Fellowship Ministry's black history anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, March 25 - The Jordan Family Band (http://jordanfamilyband.com/) will be in concert at 6:30 p.m. A love offering will be received. Nursery provided. Refreshments and the opportunity to meet the family will follow. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Quinn Chapel AME Church, 2400 Queen Chapel Road, announces:
* Tuesday, Jan. 30 - "Healthier 18" will be held 11 a.m.-noon. Tammy Kelly, of State Farm, will speak.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 11 - Family and friends worship at 3 p.m. The Rev. Robert Galloway, of Howard Chapel AME Church of New Zion, will speak.
Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 320 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Today-Sunday - Women's conference "Virtuous Women" as follows: 7 p.m. today, Pastor Sonii Benjamin, of Agape Outreach Ministries, will speak; 9 a.m. Saturday, Pastor C. William Woods Jr., of Salem Missionary Baptist Church, will speak; 1 p.m. Saturday, Kristin Ann Ware, Miami Dolphins cheerleader, will teach a simple workout routine ($5 fee); 6 p.m. Saturday, Dr. Kimberly Ferguson, of Renewed Life Worship Center, will speak; and 10 a.m. Sunday, Evangelist Nedith Woods, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday-Tuesday, Feb. 18-20 - Black history revival as follows: 6 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Ryan Godfrey; 7 p.m. Monday, the Rev. Anthony Curbweb; and 7 p.m. Tuesday, the Rev. Annie H. Sisturnk.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - The 93rd anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor Cass Williams, of Mount Hermon Baptist Church of Manning, will speak.
St. Luke AME Church, 2355 St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Today - Appreciation service at 7 p.m. for Pastor Eliza E. Black's 25 years of service.
Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, 1130 Granby Lane, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - Celebration for Minister Malcolm Cameron's initial sermon at 4 p.m.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., announces:
* Saturday - "Saturday Morning Coffee with the Probate Judge" will be held from 9 a.m. until noon. This free seminar will help attendees learn about estate planning. Featured topics include use of wills to pass assets to heirs and beneficiaries; burial policies / insurance policies; and burial plots. Refreshments provided and door prizes to include preparation of Last Will and Testament. Call the church office at (803) 775-4041 to register for the event.
More Articles to Read