Clarendon County Ministerial Alliance, P.O. Box 811, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Annual banquet at 6 p.m. at Manning Junior High School.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Donations are being accepted for the annual Coats for Christ giveaway scheduled to be held 8-11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 18. Donations of gently used coats of all sizes, scarves, gloves, hats, blankets and socks (new) should be left on the back porch of Dorcas' Closet at the church. Call (803) 499-5190.
* Through Oct. 31 - Pumpkin Patch at the corner of Frierson Road and the U.S. 521 bypass (next to Tree House Nursery).
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Trunk or treat 6-8:30 p.m. Dinner included in the fellowship hall.
* Saturday, Nov. 18 - Coats for Christ giveaway 8-11 a.m. No application or qualifications. Call (803) 499-5190 with any questions.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - The 153rd anniversary of the church celebration. Beverly Frierson, educator, community volunteer, local and national civic leader, will speak. Sunday school begins at 9 a.m. followed by 10 a.m. worship.
Fellowship Outreach Ministries, 1981 Florence Highway, announces:
* Today - Pastor Teresa Baxter's anniversary will be celebrated at 7:30 p.m. Prophetess Angelia Stockton, of Palm Bay, Florida, will speak.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Saturday - Fall festival noon-4 p.m. Activities will include trunk-or-treat, baking contest and a pumpkin decorating contest.
* Sunday - Pink Sunday with First Lady Rochelle Windley will be observed at 10:45 a.m. in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Minister of music appreciation service honoring Sister Debra Hilton at 5 p.m. featuring the Heavenly Stars of Manning and other groups and choirs.
LaGree AME Church, 2920 Kolb Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - The 125th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 4 p.m. with a reception immediately following worship. The Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks, pastor of Allen Chapel AME Church, will speak. Music will be provided by the church choirs and other visiting choirs.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Friday-Saturday, Nov. 3-4 - Leadership luncheon and summit at noon. Harvey Rogers, chaplain manager of Palmetto Health, will speak.
Maranatha Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 314 W. Huggins St., Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Community guest day will be observed with Sabbath school beginning at 9:15 a.m. followed by 11 a.m. divine worship. Pastor Michael Miller will speak. Meal will immediately follow service.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Mass choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Ricky Syndab will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - Youth worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Minister Jake Sanders will speak.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 27-29 - The 155th anniversary of the church and parking lot celebration will be held as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Revival, the Rev. James C. Lane, of St. Paul UMC of Kingstree, will speak; 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, fun day featuring games, prizes, food and singing; and 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Bishop L. Jonathan Holston, resident bishop of the S.C. Annual Conference, will speak.
New Beginning Outreach Ministry, 4660 Thomas Sumter Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Friday, Oct. 27 - Fall festival from 5 to 8 p.m. with trunk-or-treat beginning at 6 p.m. This free event will feature food, drinks, games, music, prizes and trunk-or-treat.
New Salem Baptist Church, 2500 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 5 - Homecoming with Sunday school at 10 a.m. followed by 11 a.m. worship. Dinner on the grounds. The Rev. Kevin Massey will speak.
* Sunday-Wednesday, Nov. 12-15 - Revival services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. The Rev. Johnny Muller, director of missions for Edisto Association, will speak.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 24-26 - Annual Fall Fire Revival worship at 7 nightly. Dr. Rev. C. William Woods, pastor of Salem Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 5 - Seven women presenting the "Seven I Ams of God in Christ Jesus" at 4 p.m. Speakers: the Rev. Constance Lane, Evangelist Savitra McFadden, the Rev. Katie Williams, Minister Marilyn Cooper, Evangelist Curtina Sumpter, the Rev. Nina Moore and Evangelist Jacqueline Jowers.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - Women's Missionary Society anniversary program at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by Perfection, the combined choir and other area societies.
* Sunday - Usher's anniversary program at 2 p.m.
Second Presbyterian Church, 1125 Old Pocalla Road, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - The 137th anniversary of the church will be celebrated as follows: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, community day featuring food, fellowship, fun activities and public service information; and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dr. Franklin D. Colclough Sr., retired executive of New Harmony Presbytery, will speak at 3 p.m.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - The 10th appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh will be held at 4 p.m. The Rev Ethel Lemon, associate minister of Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church of Manning, will speak.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Silver community, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Celebration for the 139th anniversary of the church during 10 a.m. service.
St. Paul United Methodist Church, 16 Clarence McFadden Road, Elliott, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day at 3 p.m. Elder Ernest W. Frierson, pastor of Jeremiah and Mt. Seal United Methodist churches of Hemingway, will speak.
Summerton Southern Methodist Church, 1107 Felton Road, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - Gospel singing during 10:30 a.m. worship featuring Higher Calling. A covered dish dinner will follow the service.
Summerton United Methodist Church, 2 Briggs St., Summerton, announces:
* Donations of gently used coats, winter clothing and blankets are being accepted for the "Coats from Christ" outreach ministry. Donations may be dropped off 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Wednesday at the church office. Last day to drop off items is Nov. 15. Call Jena Davis at (803) 478-4230 and your call will be returned.
Sumter Free Will Baptist Church, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and special singing and preaching at 11 a.m. The Rev. Stacey Floyd Family will provide music. Dinner will follow the service.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., announces:
* Sunday - Anniversary concert 5-7 p.m. to celebrate the 108th anniversary of the church.
* Wednesday, Oct. 25 - Pastor JoAnn Murrill, of Victory Full Gospel Interdenominational Church, will speak at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - The 108th church anniversary worship at 10 a.m. Pastor Thomas N. Howard, of Vestavia Hills, Alabama, will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday - Missionary anniversary program at 3 p.m. Minister Mary Smiling will speak.
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Women's conference 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Margaret Walker, Gardenia Sligh and Mary Smiling will speak.
Union Station AME Church, 945 S. Main St., announces:
* Boys and girls community coat drive. Sizes needed are 6 to 18. Drop coats off 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays through Nov. 15. Call (803) 775-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles to Read