Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday - Pastor appreciation celebration for the Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks at 6 p.m. at West End Community Church, 101 S. Salem Ave. The Rev. Malcom O. Simpson will speak.
* Saturday, Sept. 15 - Giveaway from 8 a.m. until noon.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 19-21 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly with speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Jerome Sumpter; Thursday, Pastor Donna Harvin Jackson, of Pine Hill AME; and Friday, Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church.
Church Women United announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 22 - Annual salad luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at St. James Lutheran Church, 1137 Alice Drive. Donation of $5 per ticket requested. Tickets will be available at the door or your church representative. All proceeds go to local charities such as Emmanuel Soup Kitchen, United Ministries and more. Call Lois Parsons at (803) 778-1061 or Ollie James at (803) 481-0725.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Community Church of Praise, 562 S. Pike Road, announces:
* Sunday - The eighth pastoral anniversary celebration for Apostle Dorothy and Brother Warren Maple at 4 p.m. Pastor Lashonda McElveen will speak.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated. All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. Lunch on the grounds is included. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Today-Sunday - The 10th pastoral anniversary of Dr. Otis and Deherda Butler will be celebrated as follows: 7:30 p.m. today, Apostle Gregory Dennis and the New Millennium Church family; 5 p.m. Saturday, banquet at the Marion H. Newton Family Life Enrichment Center, 415 Manning Ave., with Dr. Gregory Jackson, pastor of Elizabeth Baptist Church; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, worship service with the Rev. Clinton Caeser and the New Born Ministry of Charlotte, North Carolina.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Sept. 14-16 - Women's Day weekend as follows: 6:30 p.m. Friday, game night; 9 a.m. Saturday, prayer breakfast, Dr. Belinda McKoy will speak; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, worship service, Elder Belinda Randolph will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Trustee and trustee spouses day will be celebrated during 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Sept. 16 - Pastor's aide anniversary celebration during 10:15 a.m. worship.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon for a teaching on spiritual freedom. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 15-16 - Family and friends weekend as follows: 3-6 p.m. Saturday, cookout; and 11 a.m. Sunday, family and friends worship.
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays beginning Sept. 12 and running through Nov. 28 (Sept. 12 and 26, Oct. 10 and 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Those planning to partake of the meal are asked to register by Sept. 10 by calling (803) 453-5759, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. Rev. Zadig will be present for the Oct. 10 session.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Junior Missionary anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m. The One Sumter Community group will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the church. Michelle Potts, of the Third Judicial Circuit Solicitor's Office of Expungement, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 23 - The 125th anniversary of the church and the homecoming worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. Pastor O'Brien Winbish, of Peoples Community Baptist Church of Silver Springs, Maryland, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - The Sumter Baptist M & E Association fellowship worship will be held at 5 p.m. Dr. W.T. Johnson, of Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
New Covenant Presbyterian Church, 907 Legare St., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 15-16 - The 35th annual homecoming celebration as follows: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, community cookout; and 3 p.m. Sunday, homecoming worship, the Rev. Karey Poinsette, of St. Luke Presbyterian Church of Orangeburg, will speak.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Today - Seventh pastoral anniversary celebration for Pastor Sheila Neal at 7 p.m. Elder Eugene Canty, pastor of Candy Memorial COGIC, will speak.
* Sunday - The seventh anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 11:15 a.m. with repast to follow the service. The Rev. Aurelia Hill, pastor of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - The pastor's 23rd anniversary will be celebrated and an appreciation service at 5 p.m. The Rev. Kenneth Carter will speak.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming will be celebrated. The Sims Family will provide music from 9 to 10:15 a.m. The Rev. William Jeffers will speak 10:30 a.m.-noon with dinner immediately following. Bring a covered dish. For details, call (803) 481-9688.
* Saturday, Sept. 22 - Christian Music Day at Carowinds. Deadline to sign up is Sunday, Sept. 9, and fees are due that day. For details, call (803) 481-9688.
Refreshing Springs Kingdom Outreach Ministries, meets at Colony Square, 741 Bultman Drive, Suite 21, announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 29 - Kingdom United prayer breakfast at 10 a.m. with various speakers.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 5 p.m.
Southern Heritage Gospel Music Association announces:
* Saturday - The second annual Southern Gospel Music Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Sumter County Fairgrounds. On the program: His Calling, Molded Clay, The Harringtons and more. There will be games, food, craft vendors and more.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - The pastor's anniversary will be celebrated at 2 p.m. The Rev. Sheila Lozano, assistant pastor of New Hope AME Church, will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Today - Healing and deliverance service at 7 p.m. Bishop Keith Chambers, of Marion, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 16 - Homecoming / friends and family day celebration at 3 p.m. Ranzy McFadden Jr., of St. John Baptist Church of Silver, will speak.
St. Paul AME Church, 835 Plowden Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday - Annual brotherhood / homecoming program at 1 p.m. The Rev. Hazel Charles, pastor of Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church, will speak. Visiting choirs will include the Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church family and the Beulah AME Church family.
Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, 1130 Granby Lane, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - The 36th anniversary of Pastor William T. Johnson will be celebrated. There will be only one worship service. Sunday school will begin at 9 a.m. followed by devotional service at 9:45 a.m. and worship at 10 a.m. Pastor Adeira Black, of the Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church of Bishopville, will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 12-14 - Revival at 7:30 nightly. Evangelist Rod Wilkinson, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church of Rochester, New York, will speak.
Unity Universal Baptist Church announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 15 - Breaking Barriers and Bondage as Intercessors and Prayer Warriors Conference 2018 will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Westend Community Church, 101 S. Salem St. Speakers: Pastor Dr. Mattie P. Malachi, Minister Annisha Timmons, of Florence, and Pastor Gwendolyn Credle, of The Rock Church of Sumter. Visit paypal.me/UUBC to register.
More Articles to Read