Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday - Annual day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be health information and screenings, blood pressure monitoring, games, refreshments and more.
Church of Christ, 313 Mooneyham Road, announces:
* Saturday - Octoberfest gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Palmetto Gospel Singers, Gospel Kings and Sumter Violinaires.
Clarendon County Ministerial Alliance, P.O. Box 811, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Annual banquet at 6 p.m. at Manning Junior High School.
Community Bible Church, 5711 Red Hill Road, Camden, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 11 a.m. The Rev. Lowell Bailey will speak.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Through Oct. 31 - Pumpkin Patch at the corner of Frierson Road and the U.S. 521 bypass (next to Tree House Nursery).
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Trunk or treat 6-8:30 p.m. Dinner included in the fellowship hall.
Emmanuel Prophetic Ministry and Next Generation Apostolic Ministry, 121 W. Cedar Lane, Bishopville, announces:
* Saturday - Prayer, healing and deliverance service at 4 p.m. at the Bishopville Cotton Museum meeting room, 121 W. Cedar Lane. Speakers: Prophet David Glenn, Prophetess Lakisha McLeod and Minister Rowetta Glenn.
Fellowship Outreach Ministries, 1981 Florence Highway, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Oct. 19-20 - Pastor Teresa Baxter's anniversary will be celebrated at 7:30 nightly. Prophetess Angelia Stockton, of Palm Bay, Florida, will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day at 3:30 p.m. Bishop Lavern McKinney, of the Love Center of U.S. 521 South, will speak.
Grace Full Gospel Church, 1540 Bradham Blvd., announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 10 a.m. Brother Eddie Peach, of Martinsville, Virginia, will speak. Brother Stacey Floyd and family will provide music. Lunch will be served after morning service.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 21 - Minister of music appreciation service honoring Sister Debra Hilton at 5 p.m. featuring the Heavenly Stars of Manning and other groups and choirs.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon. Cindy Robison, Lizzy Lowe and Liz Goerski will each share how God forever changed their lives. All ladies of all ages are invited. A love offering will be received. Knitting Hearts is a community wide, multicultural women's ministry. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Maranatha Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 314 W. Huggins St., Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 21 - Community guest day will be observed with Sabbath school beginning at 9:15 a.m. followed by 11 a.m. divine worship. Pastor Michael Miller will speak. Meal will immediately follow service.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Deacons / deaconess worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Mass choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Ricky Syndab will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - Youth worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Minister Jake Sanders will speak.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 27-29 - The church will celebrate 155 years of service as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Revival; 11 a.m. Saturday, fun day; and 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Bishop L. Jonathan Holston, resident bishop of the S.C. Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, will speak.
New Beginning Outreach Ministry, 4660 Thomas Sumter Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Friday, Oct. 27 - Fall festival from 5 to 8 p.m. with trunk-or-treat beginning at 6 p.m. This free event will feature food, drinks, games, music, prizes and trunk-or-treat.
New Fellowship Covenant Ministries, 316 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday - Free clothes giveaway 9 a.m.-noon. Free snacks will also be given out.
New Hope UME Church, 19022 Panola Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Pink Sunday will be observed to raise awareness about breast cancer and other cancers.
New Salem Baptist Church, 2500 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 5 - Homecoming with Sunday school at 10 a.m. followed by 11 a.m. worship. Dinner on the grounds. The Rev. Kevin Massey will speak.
* Sunday-Wednesday, Nov. 12-15 - Revival services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday-Wednesday. The Rev. Johnny Muller, director of missions for Edisto Association, will speak.
New Testament Lighthouse Church, 1114 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring the Believer's Quartet.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 24-26 - Annual Fall Fire Revival worship at 7 nightly. Dr. Rev. C. William Woods, pastor of Salem Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday - Children's Sabbath Day worship at 11 a.m. Stuffed animals and coloring books for sick and abused children will be collected.
* Saturday, Oct. 21 - Women's Missionary Society anniversary program at 6 p.m. Music will be provided by Perfection, the combined choir and other area societies.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Usher's anniversary program at 2 p.m.
Quinn Chapel AME Church, 2400 Queen Chapel Road, announces:
* Sunday - Adult choir anniversary program at 4 p.m.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday - Pack the pew program at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Debbie Bowens-Davis, of Agape Fellowship AMEC of McBee, will speak.
Second Presbyterian Church, 1125 Old Pocalla Road, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 21-22 - The 137th anniversary of the church will be celebrated as follows: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, community day featuring food, fellowship, fun activities and public service information; and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dr. Franklin D. Colclough Sr., retired executive of New Harmony Presbytery, will speak at 3 p.m.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Calendar tea at 2 p.m. The Rev. John Johnson, of Calvary Baptist Church, will speak.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday - Pack the pew program at 4 p.m. The Rev. James C. Lane will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - The 10th appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh will be held at 4 p.m. The Rev Ethel Lemon, associate minister of Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church of Manning, will speak.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Silver community, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Youth choir anniversary at 3 p.m.
St. Paul United Methodist Church, 16 Clarence McFadden Road, Elliott, announces:
* Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 17-19 - Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Tuesday, the Rev. Raymond Cook; Wednesday, the Rev. James Smith; and Thursday, Elder Adeira Black.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Family and friends day at 3 p.m. Elder Ernest W. Frierson, pastor of Jeremiah and Mt. Seal United Methodist churches of Hemingway, will speak.
Sumter Free Will Baptist Church, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Homecoming with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and special singing and preaching at 11 a.m. The Rev. Stacey Floyd Family will provide music. Dinner will follow the service.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., announces:
* Saturday - Family and friends day cookout 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
* Wednesday, Oct. 18 - Pastor Ralph Canty Sr., of Westend Community Church, will speak at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Anniversary concert 5-7 p.m. to celebrate the 108th anniversary of the church.
* Wednesday, Oct. 25 - Pastor JoAnn Murrill, of Victory Full Gospel Interdenominational Church, will speak at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - The 108th church anniversary worship at 10 a.m. Pastor Thomas N. Howard, of Vestavia Hills, Alabama, will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Women's conference 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Margaret Walker, Gardenia Sligh and Mary Smiling will speak.
Union Station AME Church, 945 S. Main St., announces:
* Boys and girls community coat drive. Sizes needed are 6 to 18. Drop coats off 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays through Nov. 15. Call (803) 775-8200 or email email@example.com.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Grace Revealed, Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown, and Burning Bridges.
More Articles to Read