A family of eight has been displaced after an electrical fire damaged their South Sumter home on Monday.
Eight Sumter Fire Department personnel responded to the 1,200-square-foot residence in the 1200 block of Coffey Street just before noon on …
This item is available in full to subscribers
Click here to log in
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
If you aren't yet a subscriber,
click here to start a new subscription.
You also have the option of purchasing 24 hours of website access, for just 99 cents. *
Click here to continue.
* Full access is available from time of purchase through 11:59pm the following day
Eight Sumter Fire Department personnel responded to the 1,200-square-foot residence in the 1200 block of Coffey Street just before noon on Monday to find "light smoke showing," according to an incident report.
The blaze is thought to have started in the bathroom and was contained to the area of origin, according to the report.
About $10,000 in damage to the structure was estimated, and about $3,000 in contents were thought to have been destroyed, while $35,000 of the structure and $6,000 of contents were saved.
Three adults and five children are being assisted by American Red Cross volunteers, who are providing food, clothing, lodging and other essentials such as personal hygiene items.
More Articles to Read