FROM STAFF REPORTS
Do you need assistance getting Christmas toys for your children 12 years old and younger? The Salvation Army is taking applications for toys Monday-Friday, Oct. 2-6, from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m., at the Salvation Army Worship and Service Center, 16 Kendrick St.
To apply, bring the following documentation:
- Picture ID (for person applying);
- Proof of income for each person in the home (including food stamps, TANF, Social Security, birth certificate, SSI, VA pension, fuel assistance, child support/alimony);
- Proof of all individuals living in the home (food stamp printout with names and birthdays);
- Copies of monthly bills including rent, utilities (gas, water, cable, phone, electric), car payments, car insurance, monthly gasoline cost, loan payments, furniture payments, food, health or life insurance, medicine and doctor payments, and child care; and
- Clothing sizes for all children in the home 12 years and younger.
Do not bring children with you when applying for assistance.
The Salvation Army is also seeking bell ringers. These seasonal positions are hourly pay and 20 hours per week.