Sumter County Council will meet at 6 p.m. today in County Council Chambers, Sumter County Administration Building, 13 E. Canal St., to consider third and final reading of an ordinance to allow the Sumter County sheriff to operate Sumter-Lee Regional Detention Center.
Council will also consider:
- Third reading of an ordinance to authorize a fee in lieu of tax agreement between the county and Sumter Easy Home LLC. According to the proposed agreement, the company intends to invest $37 million into the county and create at least 80 full-time jobs. A public hearing will be held prior to council's vote;
- Third reading of an ordinance to amend the agreement governing Sumter-Lee Industrial Park to include land owned and operated by Sumter Easy Home LLC in the park boundaries. Council will hold a public hearing before voting on the matter;
- Third reading of an ordinance to amend residential and commercial building permit fees and building re-inspection fees. The proposed amendment will raise the minimum cost for residential building permits from $30 to $50, and the minimum cost for commercial building permits will increase from $45 to $60. It is also proposed that re-inspection fees will rise from $25 to $50 for each inspection conducted after the second failed inspection;
- Second reading of an ordinance to convey property on Fulton Street to Sherwin-Williams Co.; and
- First reading of an ordinance regarding planning services between Pinewood and Sumter City-County Planning Commission.
Also, Sumter County Internal Affairs Commission will hold an executive session at 5 p.m. today in County Council Chambers to discuss and possibly appoint people to: Santee-Lynches Regional Council of Governments; Sumter County Grievance Committee; Crystal Lakes Golf Course Advisory Board; Airport Commission; Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals; Tax Board of Appeals; Building Codes Board of Appeals; Historical Commission; and Stormwater Management and Sediment Control Appeals Board.
And, Sumter County Fiscal, Tax and Property Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. today to receive a request from Sumter YWCA for funds to repair its roof.