LAKE CITY - ArtFields is now accepting applications for its 2020 competition.
Now in its eighth year, the competition will offer selected artists exposure to thousands of art lovers, collectors and curators who come to see Lake City transform into a town-wide gallery each spring and the opportunity to compete for more than $145,000 in prizes.
ArtFields started in 2013 with the goal of honoring Southeastern artists with nearly two weeks' worth of celebration and competition in the heart of Lake City.
To date, ArtFields has awarded nearly $800,000 in prize money, helped launch the careers of countless artists and led to Lake City's transformation into an arts mecca.
Adult artists of all media who live in the competition's 12 participating Southern states are welcome to apply. Submissions will be accepted through Nov. 1, 2019, accepted artists will be notified in December, and winners will be announced at the close of ArtFields, set for April 24-May 2, 2020.
- Grand Prize - $50,000
- Second Place - $25,000
- People's Choice 2D - $12,500
- People's Choice 3D - $12,500
- Merit Awards - $2,000 (10 awards)
- Category Awards - $1,500 (Digital/New Media & Film, Drawing, Installation & Performance, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture & Objects, Textile)
- State Awards -$1,000 (12 awards, one per state)
For additional information, visit www.artfieldssc.org.
More Articles to Read