COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
CONWAY - Coastal Carolina University recognized nearly 1,200 students during its in-person Spring 2021 commencement ceremonies held May 7 and 8 in Brooks Stadium. Among the graduates were:
- Sumter - Malikah Freshley; Stacey Shaw; Courtney Gibbons; Rheanna Herrera; Ah'keiyana Dinkins; William Shaw; Julia Robinson; Taylon Anderson; Kayla Taylor; William Dougherty; and Diontre' Walker;
- Dalzell - Marcus McLeod;
- Lynchburg - Kelli McElveen; and
- Manning - Jordan Bowman; and Paul Walker.
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Morgan E. White of Sumter was named to the scholastic Honor Roll for Spring 2021 at Oregon State University.
A total of 7,255 earned a B-plus (3.5) or better to make the listing. To be on the Honor Roll, students must carry at least 12 graded hours of course work.
MACON/ATLANTA, Georgia - Mercer University conferred bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees to more than 2,200 students at five commencements held in May in Macon and Atlanta.
Krystal Grant of Sumter received a Master of Arts in Teaching from the College of Education.
WACO, Texas - Baylor University celebrated more than 7,500 graduates of the Classes of 2020 and 2021 during six in-person commencement ceremonies May 6-8 at McLane Stadium on the banks of the Brazos River.
Paige Juliana Anderson of Wedgefield graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Robbins College of Health & Human Sciences.
MCKENZIE, Tennessee - Mckenna Cady of Dalzell was named to Bethel University's 2021 Dean's List for Spring 2021.
To qualify for Bethel's Dean's List, undergraduates must have completed 12 or more hours of academic work with an average GPA of 3.5-3.69 and no grade lower than a "C."
FRANCIS MARION UNIVERSITY
FLORENCE - Francis Marion University named 548 full-time students and 33 part-time students to its President's List for the spring 2021 semester. An additional 589 full-time students and 51 part-time students made the Dean's List for the spring semester.
Students named to the President's List must have earned a 3.75 or higher GPA for the semester. Dean's List students earned a GPA for the semester between 3.25 and 3.749.
Full-time President's List
College of Liberal Arts
- Bishopville - Santana Christmas;
- Olanta - Dulce Dubose;
- New Zion - Dulce Dubose; and Bianca Flores;
- Turbeville - Sherly Garcia-Barrientos;
- Lynchburg - Sarah Green;
- Sumter - Deandria McKelvie; and
- Manning - Kerington Shaffer; Dyamond Spann; and Emily Thigpen.
School of Business
- Turbeville - Christian Gulledge; and
- Santee - Davida Salley.
School of Education
- Rembert - Sydney Dyke;
- Manning - Bryant Green; and Caroline Robinson;
- Santee - Delaney Peeler;
- Sumter - Megan Power; and
- Summerton - Sydney Wells.
School of Health Sciences
- Lynchburg - Kianna Green; and
- Sumter - Kiera Osborne.
Full-time Dean's List
- Sumter - Evan Ardis; Kenya Brown; Ryan Moore; Keirria McKelvie; and Dallas Welch;
- Pinewood - Madelyn Baxley;
- Eutawville - Labria Johnson;
- New Zion - Cooper Teal;
- Olanta - Caitlyn Weaver;
- Dalzell - Nicholas Dolen;
- Manning - Jordyn Gibson; Donaijha Mack; Nicholas Thames; and Vatessa Witherspoon; and
- Turbeville - James Morris;
- Manning - Skyler Atkinson-Muldrow;
- Sumter - Dalton Coursey; Michael Knight; Daniel Twitty; and Charles Dixon;
- Bishopville - Cartier Scarborough; Mikayla Mott; and Cartier Scarborough;
- Eutawville - I'mani Wright; and
- Turbeville - Madison Wilkes.
- Lynchburg - Briana Ard;
- Turbeville - Ella Pate;
- Sumter - Kelsea Baker; Mel-Anita Boyd; and
- New Zion - Heather Knowlton.
- Manning - Mallory Blanding; and Lundee Olsen;
- Sumter - Tyasia Brunson; Charles Dixon; Keonica Isaac; Ny'a Isaac; Shenia Ingram; and Tamia Stewart;
- Salters - Adriana Burgess;
- Lynchburg - Nicolette Falvey;
- Dalzell - Cameron Eidson; and
- Eutawville - Patience Pinckney.
Part-time President's List
- Eutawville - I'mani Wright
- Sumter - Keonica Isaac
More Articles to Read