COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
CONWAY - Students from Coastal Carolina University have distinguished themselves during the COVID-19 pandemic as Public Health Reserve Corps volunteers and staff, including Lauryn Johnson, a Biology major from Sumter, who has worked as a volunteer from dawn to dusk during many drive-through events. She has been on site at venues as thousands of people streamed through to get the swab test for COVID-19.
More than 2,300 undergraduate students at Coastal Carolina University were named to the Dean's List for the Spring 2020 semester, including:
- Manning - Cotie Alsbrooks; Alexandria Mays; Zion Phillips; and Hunter White;
- Sumter - Taylon Anderson; Carol Burke; Sydney Daniel; Ah'keiyana Dinkins; Ben Evans; Donovan Green; Kieran Hagerty; Rheanna Herrera; Tehsia House; Roshawn Mobley; Julia Robinson; Stacey Shaw; and Diontre' Walker;
- Summerton - Ronyaih Frierson;
- New Zion - Kaylie Grainger;
- Dalzell - Myance Green and Marcus McLeod; and
- Rembert - Gabrielle Richbow.
More than 1,100 students earned a spot on the President's List for the Spring 2020 semester at Coastal Carolina University, including:
- Dalzell - Jarod Bowers; Morgan-Mckay Hoppmann; and Edward Neiswonger;
- Sumter - Taylor Dinkins; Conrad Kenner; Sarah McInnis; Kanetra Taylor; Kayla Taylor; and Madison Townsend;
- Summerton - Erin Malone; and
- Lynchburg - Kelli McElveen.
TROY, Alabama - Adrianna Oliver of Shaw Air Force Base has been named to the Provost's List at Troy University for the Spring Semester/Term 4 of the 2019/2020 academic year.
The Provost's List honors full-time undergraduate students who are registered for at least 12 semester hours and who have a grade-point average of at least 3.65.
AIKEN - The University of South Carolina Aiken held a Pacer Graduation Parade and Celebration in honor of the Class of 2020.
Students decorated their cars, and families and friends lined the traffic circle on Scholar Loop as grads paraded across campus. As each graduate's name was announced, Dr. Sandra Jordan, chancellor, presented a diploma cover.
Originally, the university planned to conduct its annual commencement ceremony May 6, but COVID-19 thwarted those plans. Earlier this spring, the university rescheduled the May ceremony for mid-August, but University of South Carolina system-wide leadership later decided against any in-person graduation events. USC Aiken faculty, staff and students planned the parade and celebration as an alternative. Additionally, on May 6, the university claimed the date as Pacer Day and produced a number of virtual recognitions, including a proclamation from the mayor, Rick Osbon, who is also an alumnus.
Highlights from the Pacer Graduation Parade and Celebration, including the speech presented by the Outstanding Senior Student, Kelsey Spurlin Yarbrough, can be found at www.usca.edu/parade.
Local students who graduated in May from The University of South Carolina Aiken are:
- Lyncburg - William Ard;
- New Zion - Connor Floyd;
- Alcolu - Ross Russell;
- Manning - Francine Washington;
- Lynchburg - Sydia Baggit;
- Sumter - Ian Martin and Tynetra McBride; and
- Bishopville - Qu'asia Oliver.
More Articles to Read