Central Carolina Technical College's Health Sciences Division pinned 13 massage therapists, 38 nurses and 10 pharmacy technicians during two pinning ceremonies held May 9 at Sumter Opera House.
The Massage Therapy program prepares graduates to work in direct client care settings to provide manipulation (massage) of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm and stress and to promote health and wellness. Members of this year's Massage Therapy Program graduating class are listed by county:
- Clarendon - Erin Bacote and Kynedy Mills;
- Darlington - Anissa McElveen;
- Sumter - Karen Bradley; Clarissa Chestnut; Imani Crawford; Hailey Duke; Terrence DuPree; Michael Fadden; Whitney Graham; Jacqueline Washington; and Angela Wright.
Graduates of the Associate Degree in Nursing Program are prepared for careers as technical nurses in acute care, long-term care or home health settings. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses and are approved by the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation Board of Nursing. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Members of this year's Associate Degree in Nursing graduating class are listed by county:
- Brevard - Shannon Roecker;
- Calhoun - Lauren Wilson;
- Clarendon - Victoria Gamble and Susan Lyda;
- Florence - Jessica Alford; Jessica Coker; Sabrina McWhite; Sarah Duncan; LaToya Lawhorn; and Christopher Solis;
- Horry - Summer Watts;
- Kershaw - Raley Jackson; Amanda Lee; McKenzie Moorer; Krista Phillips; and Derrick Wood;
- Lee - Shatavia Sumpter;
- Marion - Arlisa Epps;
- Richland - Meredith Jones and Erin Walter;
- Sumter - Eric Capell; Sabrina Collins; Shawna Combs; Morgan Comstock; Margaret Goodson; Taire Hallier; Hannah Hodge; Jessica Johnson; Sarah Kibbey; Amanda Poston; Shannie Pressley; Michael Reid; Aubrey Rivers; Cadedra Rose; Marva Ross; Jessica Simmons; and Joy Sims.
Pharmacy technicians are allied health professionals who assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical services directly and indirectly to patients. Members of this year's Pharmacy Technician Program graduating class are listed by county:
- Clarendon - Alice Moore and Taylor Parsons;
- Sumter - Brittany Atkinson; Natalie Hallman; Tracy Holmes; Davida Major; Keirria McKelvie; Torijuana Raymond; Michelle Regan; and Regina Wright; and
- Williamsburg - Erin Owens.
More Articles to Read