Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, May 16-17 - Women's Empowerment Conference 2019 at 7 nightly. Elisa Lashell with speak.
Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday - Women's day service at 3 p.m. The Rev. Jeanette Collins-Murray, pastor of LaGree AME Church, will speak.
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, May 4 - The deacon ministry's May Festival will begin at noon on the grounds of the parsonage, S.C. 260 and Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Manning.
* Saturday, May 11 - Women's Missionary annual health fair and walk-a-thon 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Pastor Rosa Mae Fulton, of The Masters Place Ministries of Manning, will speak.
Bethel AME Church, 219 E. Calhoun St., announces:
* Sunday - Praise and worship program (gospel singing) at 3 p.m.
Chapel AME Church, 1257 McLeod Road, Paxville, announces:
* Saturday - The 23rd anniversary of the Gospel Jubilees of Sumter will be celebrated at 6 p.m. with a gospel singing. On the program: The Valentinos, Deacon Robert Burgess and the Mighty Soul Searchers, Justified, Voices of Praise and many, many more.
Church Women United announces:
* Thursday, May 2 - May Friendship Day at 4:30 p.m. at Union Station African Methodist Episcopal Church, 945 S. Main St. Event focuses on uniting us in the spirit to do God's work, despite our differences. Please bring your coins for the least coin offering.
Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, 105 Dinkins St., Manning, announces:
* Sunday - The 45th Santee-Wateree Expo will be held at 4 p.m. Senator Marlon E. Kimpson will speak.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Sunday - Youth Sunday will be held at 11:30 a.m.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Saturday - Friendship MBC will host the semi-annual session of the brotherhood ministry of the Sumter Baptist M&E Association at 7 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Women's day service during the 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. Sharon Boyd will speak.
Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church, 803 S. Harvin St., announces:
* Through May 15 - Lent and post lent services from 6:30 to 8 p.m. with speakers and text as follows: May 1, Minister Dianna Hilliard, Ephesians 1:19-23; May 8, Minister Miriam Howard, Acts 26:13-18; and May 15, Minister Sylestine Simmons, 1 Peter 3:18-22.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, May 11 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for two sessions and a luncheon. Cathy Hargett, of Highway to Zion Ministries, will speak. The morning session will begin at 10 a.m. and will include coffee and muffins. Luncheon will be held at noon. The afternoon session will include a lesson and practice in Hebraic Dance. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Registration is now open for ages 4 through 10 years old for Camp Zion for June through August. Cost is $25 per week. Call (803) 773-3546 to reserve your spot.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Family and friends weekend as follows: 9 a.m. Saturday, workshop and fun day with games for all ages and a cookout; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, worship celebration.
* Thursday-Saturday, May 16-18 - The church will host the ushers department of the Baptist E&M Convention of South Carolina annual session as follows: 7 p.m. Thursday, welcome night, Dr. Sammie D. Simmons will speak; 7 p.m. Friday, banquet, Pastor George P. Windley Jr. will speak; and 10 a.m. Saturday, closing sermon, Dr. Norman Gamble will speak.
Mulberry Missionary Baptist Church, 1400 Mulberry Church Road, announces:
* Sunday - Women's Day service "Moving Forward by Faith: Walking in the Light of God's Love" at 10:45 a.m. Elder Delicia Harper-Baxter will speak.
New Testament Lighthouse Church, 1114 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Monday-Friday, April 29-May 3 - Revival at 7:30 nightly. The Rev. Kirk Baker will speak.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Saturday - An autism awareness workshop and luncheon will be held 9-11 a.m. to celebrate autism month. Teachers, parents and the community are invited to the annual luncheon. The workshop will provide awareness and insight on the autism spectrum. Event will feature door prizes, gift bags, a question and answer forum and more. For more information, call (803) 586-9924 or (803) 865-9090. Email email@example.com.
* Saturday-Sunday, May 4-5 - Annual leadership anniversary workshop for the deacons and trustees ministries with leaders workshop at 1 p.m. Saturday and worship at 3:30 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Dr. Leon Winn, pastor of Rock Hill Baptist Church of Manning.
Open Bible Baptist Church, 180 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Monday-Wednesday, April 29-May 1 - Revival at 7 nightly. Evangelist Stacy Pearcy will speak and provide music.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, May 5 - Homecoming and golden age will be held beginning with 10 a.m. Sunday school followed by 11 a.m. worship. All seniors will be honored. There will be special music and a covered dish lunch will follow the morning services. Nursery provided.
* Sunday-Friday, June 9-14 - Vacation Bible School for ages 3 through adult as follows: 6-9 p.m. Sunday; 6:30-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; and 6:30 p.m. Friday, family night and commencement followed by supper. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday, May 5 - The Lord's Supper will be observed at 10:30 a.m.
* Monday, May 6 - Ladies friendship tea at noon.
* Sunday, May 12 - Mother's Day. There will be no evening worship.
* Monday, May 20 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m.
* Tuesday, May 21 - Wylma DuBose group meeting at 10 a.m. at the home of Katherine Healan
* Friday, May 24 - Ablaze service with Neal Welch at 7 p.m.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday - "Pack the pew" worship at 3 p.m. The Rev. Frederick Graves will speak.
St. Paul AME Church, 835 Plowden Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday - Annual Women's Day celebration at 9:45 a.m. Susan E. Jackson will speak. Theme: "Think equal, build smart, innovate for change"
St. Peter AME Church, 7480 Governor Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday, May 4 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. at the Cultural Arts Center, 12 S. Church St., Summerton. On the program: Heavenly Stars of Manning, Gospel All Stars of Orangeburg, Silver Stars, Amazing Praise Team and M.V.L. New Birth Gospel Singers. Cost: $10 advance donation; $15 at the door; $5 at the door for children 6-12.
St. Phillip UME Church, 1458 St. Phillip UME Church Road, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - Pack the pew at 3 p.m. Bishop Willie Green Jr., of New Hope UME Church of Georgetown, will speak.
Summerton United Methodist Church, 2 Briggs St., Summerton, announces:
* Saturday, May 4 - Yard / plant / baked and frozen foods sale 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Items are now being gathered for the sale. If you have donations of housewares, furniture, glassware, linens, collectibles, antiques or books, you may call the church at (803) 485-6865 to make arrangements for drop off or pick up. Please no electonics or clothes. Appliances will be accepted if they are operational.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming celebrating 45 years of the church organization with 10 a.m. preaching, 11 a.m. singing and lunch at noon. Lawrence Chewning will provide music.
More Articles to Read