Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday - The Women's Missionary Society and the young people's department will sponsor a giveaway for the community from 8 a.m. until noon. A variety of items will be given to individuals.
* Sunday - Missionary worship service at 10 a.m. Birthday celebration for the pastor, the Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks, will follow the morning worship.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Saturday, May 12 - Prayer breakfast at 8 a.m. The Rev. Jeanette M. Collins, of LaGree AME Church, will speak.
* Sunday, May 20 - Fruits of the Spirit at 3:30 p.m.
* Saturday, May 26 - Health fair at 8 a.m.
Church of God by Faith Inc., 609 Atlantic Ave., announces:
* Today-Sunday - District Assembly and missionary anniversary and consecration as follows: today, 6:30 p.m. prayer service and 7:30 p.m. worship service; Saturday, noon missionary and consecration, 5 p.m. youth service and 6:30 p.m. second century by faith; and Sunday, 10 a.m.
Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1794 Old Georgetown Road, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Spring into Summer Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Shop with up to 30 local vendors and have lunch from the concession stand. Call Shea Failmezger at (803) 460-6158 for information.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Saturday - Sumter Baptist M&E Association brotherhood ministry at 7 p.m. at Joshua Baptist Church, 5200 Live Oak Road, Dalzell. Dr. Otis Butler Jr. will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, May 6 - Holy communion will follow 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Sunday, May 13 - Mother's Day observance during 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Saturday-Sunday, May 19-20 - The 150th church anniversary celebration will be held as follows: 5 p.m. Saturday, Pastor Keith Mayer Sr., of High Hill AME Church, will speak; and 10:15 a.m. Sunday, Pastor Richard Addison will speak.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - Prophetess Rosa Dukes, of Cross Roads / St. Peter Baptist Church, will speak at 11:30 a.m. during the fifth Sunday fellowship service.
Kingdom M-Pact Worship Center, 950 Miller Road, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day at 10 a.m.
* Friday-Sunday, May 4-6 - The fifth anniversary of the church will be celebrated. On the program: Pastor Tracy Fleming and Power for Living Worship Center, Rep. J. David Weeks, Pastor Marion H. Newton and Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, May 12 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon. All ladies, all ages, are invited for a morning of worship, testimonies and special music. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com .
Liberty Hill AME Church, 2310 Liberty Hill Road, Summerton, announces:
* Today - Women's ministry fish fry and movie night at 6 p.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Family and friends weekend will be held as follows: 9 a.m. Saturday, workshop, food and fun; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, worship celebration with the Rev. Dr. Darrell King, of Bethlehem Baptist Church, Alexandria, Virginia.
Mulberry Missionary Baptist Church, 1400 Mulberry Church Road, announces:
* Sunday, May 6 - The unity choir's seventh anniversary celebration at 4 p.m.
Pine Hill AME Church, 1505 U.S. 521 S., announces:
* Sunday - Women's Day program at 3 p.m. The Rev. Donna H. Jackson will speak.
Sheppard Ministries announces:
* Saturday, May 26 - Southern Heritage Gospel Association's Soloist Singing from 1 to 9 p.m. at Weldon Auditorium, 7 Maple St., Manning. Tickets are $5 in advance or $8 at the door. Contact Chris Sheppard at (803) 464-3357 or the box office at (803) 433-7469. On the program: Doug Hudson, DJ Woodle, Jimmy Poston, Cynthia Vickery and many more.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday, May 5 - Free diabetes, prostate, BMI/BF and blood pressure community health screenings 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Call (803) 773-9900 or (803) 774-2273 to sign up. Food available for purchase will include hot dogs, sausage dogs, fried chicken sandwich, chips and drinks.
St. Matthew Missionary Baptist Church, 1715 S. Guignard Drive, announces:
* Sunday - The 105th church anniversary will be celebrated during 11 a.m. services. Pastor Randolph Green will speak.
St. Peter AME Church, 5903 S.C. 527, Mayesville, announces:
* Sunday - Lay day celebration program at 4 p.m. Dale Wilson, first vice president of the Northeast Conference Lay Organization and former president of the Sumter District Lay Organization, will speak.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., announces:
* Saturday - Church growth conference at 9 a.m. Theme: "Raising the Bar - Giving God Nothing Less Than Our Best (Striving for Excellence)."
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 10 a.m. celebrating 44 years since the church was organized. Grace Reveals and Burning Bridges will provide music.
Wayman Chapel AME Church, 160 N. Kings Highway, announces:
* Deadline for families and sponsors who plan to purchase an ad in the 2018 souvenir journal is May 5. If you have questions or concerns, contact Hughie Bryant at (803) 847-0554, Evola Gilbert at (803) 494-5513 or Josephine Fraiser at (803) 494-9555.
More Articles to Read