Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 8-10 - Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Debbie Bowens-Davis, of Agape Fellowship AME Church of McBee; Thursday, the Rev. Dr. Mary Rhodes, of Society Hill AME Church of Manning; and Friday, the Rev. Ruth Robinson, of Pine Grove AME Church, Little Mountain.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 18 - Back-to-school extravaganza from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. featuring vendors on site, a bounce house, games and many other fun activities.
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 19-21 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly with speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Jerome Sumpter; Thursday, Pastor Donna Harvin Jackson, of Pine Hill AME; and Friday, Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church.
Edwin Boyle Santee Summer Ministry, 1098 Lemon Ave., Manning, (across from Camp Bob Cooper), announces:
* Sundays through Sept. 2 - Outdoor interdenominational worship service will be held at 9:30 a.m. for those who spend summer weekends at Lake Marion. Check us out on Facebook.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 22-24 - Revival services at 7 nightly. Fellowship meal will be held at 6 nightly. Speakers will be Pastor George Shears III, of Greater Fellowship Baptist Church of Charlotte, North Carolina, and Pastor Robert McGowens, of Greater Galilee Baptist Church of Charlotte.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Saturday - Women's ministry conference at 9 a.m. featuring Pastor Stephanie McKenny, Pastor Patrice Dow, Pastor Geneva Stafford and Pastor Linda Speed.
* Saturday, Aug. 25 - Southern belle tea "A Royal Affair" at 2 p.m. at the South HOPE Center, 822 W. Liberty St. The Rev. Priscilla Loney will speak.
Goodwill Presbyterian Church USA, 295 N. Brick Church Road, Mayesville, announces:
* Saturday - Bazaar / yard sale 8 a.m.-noon featuring vendors, food, etc. To participate or be a vendor, call (803) 795-6419, (803) 481-3755 or (803) 495-8253 prior to event.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Friday, Aug. 10 - The Rev. Keith R. Mayes Sr. pastor appreciation celebration at 8 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will be observed after the 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Sunday, Aug. 12 - Usher's anniversary will be celebrated during 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Saturday, Aug. 18 - Church picnic and back-to-school extravaganza at 11 a.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 19 - Homecoming will be celebrated during 10:15 a.m. worship service. The Rev. Roosevelt Williams, associate minister of Joshua Baptist Church of Dalzell, will speak.
Joshua Baptist Church, 5200 Live Oak Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 12 - Musical concert at 5 p.m. featuring a variety of choirs.
* Sunday, Aug. 19 - Celebrating annual women's day during 10 a.m. worship service. Minister Lori Parker will speak.
* Sunday, Aug. 26 - Missionary singers anniversary program at 5 p.m. featuring various church choirs.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 11 - Knitting Hearts Cafe will meet from 10 a.m. until noon. Ed and Patty Garner, of The Outpouring of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, will speak. A love offering will be received. For more information on this community-wide, multicultural women's ministry, visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 19 - Founders appreciation day will be celebrated at 11 a.m.
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 11 - A pre-152nd church anniversary picnic will be held 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 12 - The 152nd church anniversary worship service will be held at 10 a.m. The Rev. Dr. James S. Cooper, presiding elder of the Sumter District, will speak.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday - The One Sumter fourth annual unity prayer breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Tickets are $10 each. Call the Rev. Josh Dupree at (803) 795-3600.
* Saturday, Aug. 18 - Back-to-school bash from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
* Beginning Monday, Aug. 27 - From 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, accepting applications for the 2018-2019 after school program for kindergarten through sixth grade. Call (803) 773-3546 for information.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Minister Henry Felder will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 19 - Back-to-school worship at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 26 - Usher's ministry anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Ricky Syndad will speak.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 11 - Community giveaway 8 a.m.-noon. Household items, clothing and more will be given away to those in need.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Today - Back-to-school youth night at 7 p.m. Minister Jason Wright will speak.
* Saturday - Back-to-school bash 9:30 a.m.-noon featuring workshops for all ages and school supplies for everyone.
* Sunday, Aug. 26 - Church school day program at 9 a.m.
New Birth Holiness Church, 41 Larkin St., announces:
* Sunday - The pastor's 22nd anniversary will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor Daniel Bennett, of Cedar Grove Baptist Church, will speak.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Monday-Friday, Aug. 6-10 - "Youth Empowerment Camp" will be held 9 a.m.-1 p.m. daily at Dr. Mary M. Bethune Park, Mayesville. Camp is open to students in fifth to eighth grades and will involve career assessment, character development, arts and crafts, tutoring, recreation, dance and poetry. Lunch will be provided and there will be door prizes. There will be five certified teachers on staff for this event.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 8-10 - Revival services at 7 nightly The Rev. Charlie Thomas, pastor of John Wesley United Methodist Church of Greenville, will speak.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - "The Glory of the Lord" series will begin at 10:30 a.m. The Lord's Supper will be observed during the 6:30 p.m. service.
* Sunday-Tuesday, Aug. 7 - Youth Vacation Bible School "The Battle" 6:30-8:30 nightly for grades 6-12. Call (803) 481-9688 for details or registration.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 19 - "100 Women in White" worship service at 3 p.m. The Rev. Donna Jackson, of Pinehill African Methodist Episcopal Church, will speak.
Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 320 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday - Back-to-school bash/festival 10 a.m.-3 p.m. featuring games, water slides, bounce house, food, music and comedy. National comedian Akintunde, who has appeared on BET, TBN, TBS and more, will speak.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Tuesday-Thursday, Aug. 14-16 - Three night revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Tuesday, the Rev. Janet Collins; Wednesday, the Rev. Dante Kenly; and Thursday, the Rev. Herman Holland.
St. Matthew Missionary Baptist Church, 1715 S. Guignard Drive, announces:
* Monday-Wednesday, Aug. 13-15 - Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Delbert H. Singleton Jr. will speak.
Wayman Chapel AME Church, 160 N. Kings Highway, announces:
* Saturday - The 148th church anniversary and family and friends day will be celebrated 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Family Life Center.
* Sunday - The 148th church anniversary will be celebrated at 10:15 a.m. The Rev. Dr. Juenarri Keith, presiding elder of the Mount Pleasant AME Church District, will speak.
More Articles to Read