Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 8 - Pastor appreciation celebration for the Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks at 6 p.m. at West End Community Church, 101 S. Salem Ave. The Rev. Malcom O. Simpson will speak.
* Saturday, Sept. 15 - Giveaway from 8 a.m. until noon.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 19-21 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly with speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Jerome Sumpter; Thursday, Pastor Donna Harvin Jackson, of Pine Hill AME; and Friday, Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church.
Church of God of Prophecy, 718 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday - Gospel singing at 6:30 p.m. featuring His Calling
Church Women United announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 22 - Annual salad luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at St. James Lutheran Church, 1137 Alice Drive. Donation of $5 per ticket requested. Tickets will be available at the door or your church representative. All proceeds go to local charities such as Emmanuel Soup Kitchen, United Ministries and more. Call Lois Parsons at (803) 778-1061 or Ollie James at (803) 481-0725.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Community Church of Praise, 562 S. Pike Road, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - The eighth pastoral anniversary celebration for Apostle Dorothy and Brother Warren Maple at 4 p.m. Pastor Lashonda McElveen will speak.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated. All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. Lunch on the grounds is included. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
Edwin Boyle Santee Summer Ministry, 1098 Lemon Ave., Manning, (across from Camp Bob Cooper), announces:
* Sunday - Outdoor interdenominational worship service at 9:30 a.m. for those who spend summer weekends at Lake Marion. Check us out on Facebook.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Sunday - Communion will be observed at 11:30 a.m.
* Friday-Sunday, Sept. 7-9 - The 10th pastoral anniversary of Dr. Otis and Deherda Butler will be celebrated as follows: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Apostle Gregory Dennis and the New Millennium Church family; 5 p.m. Saturday, banquet at the Marion H. Newton Family Life Enrichment Center, 415 Manning Ave., with Dr. Marion H. Newton and the Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church family; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, worship service with the Rev. Clinton Caeser and the New Born Ministry of Charlotte, North Carolina.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Sept. 14-16 - Women's Day weekend as follows: 6:30 p.m. Friday, game night; 9 a.m. Saturday, prayer breakfast, Dr. Belinda McKoy will speak; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, worship service, Elder Belinda Randolph will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - Trustee and trustee spouses day will be celebrated during 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Sept. 16 - Pastor's aide anniversary celebration during 10:15 a.m. worship.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 8 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon for a teaching on spiritual freedom. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays beginning Sept. 12 and running through Nov. 28 (Sept. 12 and 26, Oct. 10 and 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Those planning to partake of the meal are asked to register by Sept. 10 by calling (803) 453-5759, emailing email@example.com or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. Rev. Zadig will be present for the Oct. 10 session.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The Rev. Johnnie M. Gist will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - Junior Missionary anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m. The One Sumter Community group will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the church. Michelle Potts, of the Third Judicial Circuit Solicitor's Office of Expungement, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 23 - The 125th anniversary of the church and the homecoming worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. Pastor O'Brien Winbish, of Peoples Community Baptist Church of Silver Springs, Maryland, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - The Sumter Baptist M & E Association fellowship worship will be held at 5 p.m. Dr. W.T. Johnson, of Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Friday, Sept. 7 - Seventh pastoral anniversary celebration for Pastor Sheila Neal at 7 p.m. Elder Eugene Canty, pastor of Candy Memorial COGIC, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - The seventh anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 11:15 a.m. with repast to follow the service. The Rev. Aurelia Hill, pastor of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Saturday - Youth field day from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
* Sunday - The Lord's Supper will be observed during the 10:30 a.m. service.
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - Homecoming will be celebrated. The Sims Family will provide music from 9 to 10:15 a.m. The Rev. William Jeffers will speak 10:30 a.m.-noon with dinner immediately following. Bring a covered dish. For details, call (803) 481-9688.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Sept. 6-7 - Healing and deliverance service at 7 p.m. Bishop Keith Chambers, of Marion, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 16 - Homecoming / friends and family day celebration at 3 p.m. Ranzy McFadden Jr., of St. John Baptist Church of Silver, will speak.
St. Paul AME Church, 835 Plowden Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 9 - Annual brotherhood / homecoming program at 1 p.m. The Rev. Hazel Charles, pastor of Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church, will speak. Visiting choirs will include the Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church family and the Beulah AME Church family.
Sumter Free Will Baptist of the Pentecostal Faith Church, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Today-Sunday - Youth revival at 7:30 p.m. today, 6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday. The Rev. Matthias DeMent will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 12-14 - Revival at 7:30 nightly. Evangelist Rod Wilkinson, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church of Rochester, New York, will speak.
Unity Universal Baptist Church announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 15 - Breaking Barriers and Bondage as Intercessors and Prayer Warriors Conference 2018 will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Westend Community Church, 101 S. Salem St. Speakers: Pastor Dr. Mattie P. Malachi, Minister Annisha Timmons, of Florence, and Pastor Gwendolyn Credle, of The Rock Church of Sumter. Visit paypal.me/UUBC to register.
More Articles to Read