Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 24 — Black history celebration at 3 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Frankie D. White, of Biggers AME Church of Manning, will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Today — Youth ministry program at 7 p.m. Minister Tayvian Gass, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday — Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Saturday-Sunday, Feb. 9-10 — Go Red for Women in Red 2019 health fair weekend as follows: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday and 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Evangelist Dorothy Reese will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 17 — YWA anniversary program during 10:15 a.m. service.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Feb. 9 — Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. International Bible Teacher Dr. Satish Raiborde will speak. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 17 — Family and friends day will be celebrated at 4 p.m. The Rev. Clifton Witherspoon, of Grant Hill Baptist Church of Rembert, will speak.
Mount Pleasant AME Church, 1800 Vista Lane, Lynchburg, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 17 — Family and friends worship at 3 p.m. The Rev. Abraham Temoney Sr., of James Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Lugoff, will speak.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday — Evangelist Savitrius McFadden will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 10 — Youth Black History Month worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. The One Sumter Community monthly meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 17 — Trustee ministry anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 24 — Golden Age fellowship ministry anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday — The Women's Missionary Society's third soup and cornbread luncheon will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations will be accepted and given to soup kitchens and food pantries. No one will be turned away. Also for the sick and shut in.
St. Luke AME Church, 2355 St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Saturday, Feb. 9 — The 127th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Theme: "United to reach the next level together." Featuring the United States Rally.
Sumter Youth Network announces:
* Friday-Saturday, Feb. 22-23 — Dedicated to helping students grow closer to Jesus or maybe even come to know him for the first time, ONE Weekend will be held at the Sumter Opera House. Sumter churches will meet together for fun, fellowship and worship on Friday and Saturday. On Friday and Saturday nights, students will stay in homes provided by local churches for small groups, discussion and fellowship. Cost is $50 and includes a T-shirt. Students should contact their church youth department to sign up. Sam Hardie and friends from Acworth, Georgia, will lead students in worship through song. Greg Boone, executive director of Look Up Lodge in Traveler's Rest, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Friday, Feb. 8 — Mission Possible women in ministry will be held at 7 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 9 — A fish fry and yard sale will be held from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at 336 Manning Ave. (near the tire shop, past the Family Dollar, in the open field).
* Friday, Feb. 22 — Pastor appreciation at 7 p.m. Prophetess Cheryl Beaufort will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 24 — Prophet Everett Roberson will speak at 5 p.m.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 17 — Youth Day anniversary program at 11 a.m. U.S. Air Force Reserve Maj. Wayne Leneau Jr. will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday, Feb. 9 — Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Watkins and Bloodline, Burning Bridges and Pastor Nathaniel and Carleen Brown. A love offering will be received.
More Articles to Read