Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day, sponsored by the Sallie Evans Women's Missionary Society, during 10 a.m. worship service. The Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Black history program at 3 p.m. The Rev. Lester Drayton, pastor of Chappelle Memorial AME, Columbia, will speak.
Beulah Union Methodist Episcopal Church, 2380 S. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Sunday - Black history program at 2 p.m., sponsored by YPD. Theme: "Together we can achieve."
* Sunday, March 15 - Women's day program at 2 p.m. The Rev. Bertha Smith will speak. Theme: "Women fearfully and wonderfully made."
Beulah United Methodist Church, 820 Beulah Church Road, Camden, announces:
* Sunday-Tuesday, Feb. 23-25 - Community revival at 6:30 nightly. The Rev. Reggie Lee will speak. The theme is "For Such a Time as This." There will be special music provided each night. Participating churches will also include McLeod Chapel in Sumter County and St. John United Methodist Church in Lee County.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Sunday - Black history program at 11 a.m. Dr. Penelope Martin-Knox, superintendent of Sumter School District, will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - United Methodist Men's "Men on the Move" gospel service at 3 p.m.
Freedom Worship Pentecostal Holiness Church, 1490 Florence Highway, announces:
* Friday, Feb. 21 - Gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring Next Chapter and friends, Ron Stubbs, The Bunkleys and more.
* Saturday, Feb. 22 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Servant's Call, Hope Revealed, Doug Coran and more.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - YWA anniversary during 10:15 a.m. service.
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 4 p.m. The Rev. Lemuel Washington, pastor of Union Station AME Church, will speak.
Mount Pleasant AME Church, 1800 Vista Lane, Lynchburg, announces:
* Sunday, March 15 - 100 Women in white worship experience at 3 p.m. The Rev. Donna H. Jackson, of Pine Hill AME Church, will speak.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Trustee ministry's anniversary worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m.
* Wednesday, Feb. 19 - The Golden Age ministry's black history program / luncheon will be held at 10 a.m. Sister Vilencia G. Murray, retired educator, will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - The Golden Age ministry's anniversary worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Black history program at 9:30 a.m. The Rev. Wally G. Vaughn Sr., retired U.S. Air Force chaplain and published author, will speak.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 South, announces:
* Saturday - Annual senior citizen's ball at 3:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 22 - Doris H. Fulwood Scholarship luncheon at noon.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Senior citizen's recognition at 10 a.m.
New Birth Holiness Church, 42 Larkins St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Family and friends day at 3 p.m.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday - ACE Fellowship will celebrate the annual black history worship service at 11 a.m. Minister Lillie Ann Williams will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Male chorus anniversary at 2 p.m.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, March 8-11 - Revival at 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Sunday and 7 nightly Monday through Wednesday. The Rev. Bennie T. Barwick Jr., pastor emeritus of Pinewood Baptist Church, will speak. Special music will be provided by Julie Daniel, Howie and Julia Owens, Katherine Spigner and Joey Carlisle. Dinner will be served at 5:45 nightly Monday through Wednesday. Nursery provided for all services. To make reservations for dinner, call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
* Sunday, March 22 - Christian vocalist, songwriter, speaker and author Dawn Smith Jordan (www.dawnsmithjordan.com) will be in concert at 6:30 p.m. A love offering will be received. Nursery provided. There will be refreshments and the opportunity to meet Dawn following the concert. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
* Friday, April 10 - Good Friday service communion drop-in from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, April 11 - Community Easter egg hunt 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for ages birth through sixth grade in the gym featuring games, prizes and snacks. Adult chaperones need to accompany all children.
* Sunday, April 12 - Easter Sunday service as follows: 7:15 a.m. sunrise service; 7:45 a.m. breakfast; 9 a.m. Sunday school; and 10 a.m. worship service. There will not be an evening service. Nursery provided.
* Sunday, May 3 - Homecoming and Golden Age Sunday. Sunday school will begin at 10 a.m. followed by 11 a.m. worship service. All seniors will be honored. Special music will be provided. Covered dish lunch will follow the morning service. Nursery provided.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Saturday - Children's ministry day, fundraiser from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Walmart.
* Sunday - Sweetheart banquet at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Monday, Feb. 17 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Wednesday, Feb. 26 - Ash Wednesday.
* Sunday, March 1 - First Sunday of Lent. The Lord's Supper will be administered during 10:30 a.m. service. Al Pritchard will speak during 6:30 p.m. service.
* Sunday-Sunday, March 1-8 - Week of prayer for North American Missions (Annie Armstrong Easter Offering).
* Sunday, March 8 - Second Sunday of Lent.
Call (803) 481-9688 for information.
St. James UM Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday - Black history revival at 6 p.m. The Rev. Marvin Hodge, of Greater Mount Pisgah Baptist Church, will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, March 1 - The pastor's 13th anniversary will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. Pastor Ranzy McFadden Jr., of St. John Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Black history program during 10 a.m. service.
The Church of God of Prophecy, 720 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday, March 1 - Gospel singing at 10 a.m. featuring the Believer's Quartet.
The Love Center Non-Denominational Church, 4780 U.S. 521 South, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, March 6-8 - "Dare to Dream," an inspirational stage play for the entire family, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Friday, 3 p.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $10 youth and $15 adults. Call (803) 968-5196 or visit daretodreamplay.eventbrite.com.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Male chorus program at 4 p.m.
More Articles to Read