Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 16 - Family and friends day, sponsored by the Sallie Evans Women's Missionary Society, during 10 a.m. worship service. The Rev. Dr. George E. Hicks will speak.
Beulah United Methodist Church, 820 Beulah Church Road, Camden, announces:
* Sunday-Tuesday, Feb. 23-25 - Community revival at 6:30 nightly. The Rev. Reggie Lee will speak. The theme is "For Such a Time as This." There will be special music provided each night. Participating churches will also include McLeod Chapel in Sumter County and St. John United Methodist Church in Lee County.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday - Soul food Saturday "A Taste of Our History" from 3 to 6 p.m. Donation request of $5.
* Sunday, Feb. 16 - Black history program at 11 a.m. Dr. Penelope Martin-Knox, superintendent of Sumter School District, will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - United Methodist Men's "Men on the Move" gospel service at 3 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Go red for women health fair / worship service weekend as follows: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday. Evangelist Glenda Miller will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Tammy Buckner will speak, sharing her journey of faith. The theme is "The Long and Winding Road ... Where will it Lead?" A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 16 - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 4 p.m. The Rev. Lemuel Washington, pastor of Union Station AME Church, will speak.
Mount Pleasant AME Church, 1800 Vista Lane, Lynchburg, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends worship service will be celebrated at 3 p.m. The Rev. Phillip Washington, of Ebenezer AME Church in Mayesville, will speak.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Youth black history month worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. There will be special presentations by the youth of the church. The One Sumter Community meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 16 - Trustee ministry's anniversary worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m.
* Wednesday, Feb. 19 - The Golden Age ministry's black history program / luncheon will be held at 10 a.m. Sister Vilencia G. Murray, retired educator, will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - The Golden Age ministry's anniversary worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 South, announces:
* Saturday - Widow's and widower's luncheon at 2 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 15 - Annual senior citizen's ball at 3:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 22 - Doris H. Fulwood Scholarship luncheon at noon.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Senior citizen's recognition at 10 a.m.
New Birth Holiness Church, 42 Larkins St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Family and friends day at 3 p.m.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 16 - Sweetheart banquet at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Monday, Feb. 17 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Wednesday, Feb. 26 - Ash Wednesday.
St. James UM Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 16 - Black history revival at 6 p.m. The Rev. Marvin Hodge, of Greater Mount Pisgah Baptist Church, will speak.
St. Luke AME Church, 2355 N. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel comedy show at 5 p.m. The show includes clean comedy for the whole family featuring Glenda Cox as "Katie Baby," a musical performance by Jalisa Monique and Elijah Bradford as master of ceremony. Donation of $15 requested.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday - Elder Johnson, civil rights leader of Charleston, will speak at 3:30 p.m. on civil rights issues, voting rights and more.
* Sunday - The YWA will hold a "100 Women in Red and White" program. Gospel recording artist Helen Miller will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Black history program during 10 a.m. service.
The Love Center Non-Denominational Church, 4780 U.S. 521 South, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, March 6-8 - "Dare to Dream," an inspirational stage play for the entire family, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Friday, 3 p.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $10 youth and $15 adults. Call (803) 968-5196 or visit daretodreamplay.eventbrite.com.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 23 - Male chorus program at 4 p.m.
Union Station African Methodist Episcopal Church, 945 S. Main St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 9 - The 103rd anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. Rep. J. David Weeks will speak.
Willow Grove AME Church, 8105 A-B Sumter Landing Road, Horatio, announces:
* Saturday - Valentine banquet at 6:30 p.m. Food, fun and more.
More Articles to Read