Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - Black history celebration at 3 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Frankie D. White, of Biggers AME Church of Manning, will speak.
Bethel AME Church, 1605 S.C. 261, Wedgefield, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - Soul food and fill a pew during 10:15 a.m. service. Youth will speak on Black History Month.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Go Red for Women in Red 2019 health fair weekend as follows: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday and 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Evangelist Dorothy Reese will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - YWA anniversary program during 10:15 a.m. service.
Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church, 803 S. Harvin St., announces:
* Sunday - Dramatic depictions of the messages behind spirituals sung by people of African descent. Services at 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - Morris College Day. Speakers: 7:30 a.m., Pastor Melvin Mack of Rafting Creek Baptist Church; and 10:30 a.m., Attorney J.D. Weeks will speak. The Morris College Gospel Choir will provide music during both services. At 5 p.m., the movie "Remember the Titans" will be presented at the M.H. Newton Family Life Center, 415 Manning Ave.
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - The migration of black people from the Caribbean, West Indies and Latin America.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. International Bible Teacher Dr. Satish Raiborde will speak. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 4 p.m. The Rev. Clifton Witherspoon, of Grant Hill Baptist Church of Rembert, will speak.
Mount Pleasant AME Church, 1800 Vista Lane, Lynchburg, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - Family and friends worship at 3 p.m. The Rev. Abraham Temoney Sr., of James Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Lugoff, will speak.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Youth Black History Month worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. The One Sumter Community monthly meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - Trustee ministry anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - Golden Age fellowship ministry anniversary worship at 10:45 a.m.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday-Saturday, Feb. 16 - WMU Focus Week.
* Wednesday, Feb. 13 - WMU soup and cornbread supper at 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 16 - Children's Mission Day.
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - Sweetheart Banquet (luau theme) at 6:30 p.m. All donations go to the youth camp fund.
* Monday, Feb. 18 - Widow's luncheon at 11 a.m.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday-Tuesday, Feb. 17-19 - Black history revival at 6 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday-Tuesday. Speakers: Sunday, the Rev. Marvin Stewart; Monday, the Rev. Arthur Gamble; and Tuesday, the Rev. Lee Johnson.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - Healing and deliverance service at 3 p.m. Bishop Keith Chambers, of Household of Faith of Marion, will speak.
* Sunday, March 3 - The 12th pastoral anniversary of the Rev. David Pugh will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Cass Williams, of Mount Hermon Baptist Church of Manning, will speak.
St. Luke AME Church, 2355 St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Saturday - The 127th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Theme: "United to reach the next level together." Featuring the United States Rally.
St. Mark 4-B Missionary Baptist Church, 2280 Four Bridges Road, announces:
* Sunday - Consecration worship service at 5 p.m. Bishop Theotis White, senior pastor of Zion Hopewell FGFWC of Gilbert, will speak.
Sumter Youth Network announces:
* Friday-Saturday, Feb. 22-23 - Dedicated to helping students grow closer to Jesus or maybe even come to know him for the first time, ONE Weekend will be held at the Sumter Opera House. Sumter churches will meet together for fun, fellowship and worship on Friday and Saturday. On Friday and Saturday nights, students will stay in homes provided by local churches for small groups, discussion and fellowship. Cost is $50 and includes a T-shirt. Students should contact their church youth department to sign up. Sam Hardie and friends from Acworth, Georgia, will lead students in worship through song. Greg Boone, executive director of Look Up Lodge in Traveler's Rest, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Today - Mission Possible women in ministry will be held at 7 p.m.
* Saturday - A fish fry and yard sale will be held from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at 336 Manning Ave. (near the tire shop, past the Family Dollar, in the open field).
* Friday, Feb. 22 - Pastor appreciation at 7 p.m. Prophetess Cheryl Beaufort will speak.
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - Prophet Everett Roberson will speak at 5 p.m.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 24 - The third anniversary of the male chorus will be celebrated at 4 p.m.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Feb. 17 - Youth Day anniversary program at 11 a.m. U.S. Air Force Reserve Maj. Wayne Leneau Jr. will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Watkins and Bloodline, Burning Bridges and Pastor Nathaniel and Carleen Brown. A love offering will be received.
Willow Grove AME Church, 8105 A/B Sumter Landing Road, Horatio, announces:
* Saturday - Valentine banquet at 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Call Janie Murray at (803) 499-2127.
More Articles to Read