Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, May 16-17 - Women's Empowerment Conference 2019 at 7 nightly. Elisa Lashell with speak.
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Women's Missionary annual health fair and walk-a-thon 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Pastor Rosa Mae Fulton, of The Masters Place Ministries of Manning, will speak.
Community Church of Praise, 562 S. Pike Road, announces:
* Saturday, May 18 - Rainbow tea at 4 p.m. at the Shirley G. Baker facility, 119 S. Sumter St.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Today - "Women On the Move for Christ" at 7:30 p.m. Debra Jackson, of Elizabeth Baptist Church, Bishopville, will speak.
* Sunday - Mother's Day worship at 11 a.m. Deherda Butler will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike Road East, announces:
* Friday - Youth ministry service at 7 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Mother's Day observance during the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, May 19 - The 151st anniversary of the church will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship. Pastor Amis will speak and the Hopewell Choir will provide music.
* Sunday, May 26 - The anniversary of Hopewell Baptist Church will be celebrated
Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church, 3285 Peach Orchard Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, May 26 - The church anniversary will be celebrated during morning worship. Pastor Addison will speak and the High Hills Fellowship Choir will provide music.
Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church, 803 S. Harvin St., announces:
* Through May 15 - Lent and post lent services from 6:30 to 8 p.m. with speakers and text as follows: May 1, Minister Dianna Hilliard, Ephesians 1:19-23; May 8, Minister Miriam Howard, Acts 26:13-18; and May 15, Minister Sylestine Simmons, 1 Peter 3:18-22.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for two sessions and a luncheon. Cathy Hargett, of Highway to Zion Ministries, will speak. The morning session will begin at 10 a.m. and will include coffee and muffins. Luncheon will be held at noon. The afternoon session will include a lesson and practice in Hebraic Dance. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Liberty Hill AME Church, 2310 Liberty Hill Road, Summerton, announces:
* Saturday - Mother's Day banquet, sponsored by the grandparent's ministry, at 5 p.m. Donation of $10 at the door. The Rev. Dr. Joannie Hilton and the Rev. Robert L. China Jr. will speak.
Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church, 10331 Plowden Mill Road, Alcolu, announces:
* Sunday, May 19 - Deacon and deaconess program at 3 p.m. Evangelist Angela Foxworth, of ALIVE Praise and Worship Center and Ministries, will speak.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Registration is now open for ages 4 through 10 years old for Camp Zion for June through August. Cost is $25 per week. Call (803) 773-3546 to reserve your spot.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Thursday-Saturday, May 16-18 - The church will host the ushers department of the Baptist E&M Convention of South Carolina annual session as follows: 7 p.m. Thursday, welcome night, Dr. Sammie D. Simmons will speak; 7 p.m. Friday, banquet, Pastor George P. Windley Jr. will speak; and 10 a.m. Saturday, closing sermon, Dr. Norman Gamble will speak.
* Sunday, May 19 - The YWA ministry will hold its anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
New Fellowship Covenant Ministries, 316 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday, May 18 - Human / sex trafficking awareness seminar at noon. Cherie Nettles will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday - Mother's Day worship at 11 a.m.
* Sunday, May 19 - Trustee anniversary worship at 11 a.m.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday-Friday, June 9-14 - Vacation Bible School for ages 3 through adult as follows: 6-9 p.m. Sunday; 6:30-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; and 6:30 p.m. Friday, family night and commencement followed by supper. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - Mother's Day. There will be no evening worship.
* Monday, May 20 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m.
* Tuesday, May 21 - Wylma DuBose group meeting at 10 a.m. at the home of Katherine Healan
* Friday, May 24 - Ablaze service with Neal Welch at 7 p.m.
St. Peter AME Church, 7480 Governor Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. at the Cultural Arts Center, 12 S. Church St., Summerton. On the program: Heavenly Stars of Manning, Gospel All Stars of Orangeburg, Silver Stars, Amazing Praise Team and M.V.L. New Birth Gospel Singers. Cost: $10 advance donation; $15 at the door; $5 at the door for children 6-12.
St. Paul AME Church, 835 Plowden Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday - Mother's Day celebration at 10 a.m. Jacqueline Glisson, retired educator and member of the church, will speak.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, May 19 - Family and friends day celebration at 11 a.m. Pastor Bobby G. Damon will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Terry Budwine and Pastor Nathaniel and Carleen Brown.
More Articles to Read