Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, May 16-17 - Women's Empowerment Conference 2019 at 7 nightly. Elisa Lashell with speak.
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - The deacon ministry's May Festival will begin at noon on the grounds of the parsonage, S.C. 260 and Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Manning.
* Saturday, May 11 - Women's Missionary annual health fair and walk-a-thon 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Pastor Rosa Mae Fulton, of The Masters Place Ministries of Manning, will speak.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Sunday - The 100th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Pastor Daniel Bennett Jr. will speak.
Community Church of Praise, 562 S. Pike Road, announces:
* Saturday, May 18 - Rainbow tea at 4 p.m. at the Shirley G. Baker facility, 119 S. Sumter St.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Today - Women on the move for Christ conference at 7:30 p.m. Evangelist Brenda Missouri, of Walk By Faith Ministry of Mayesville, will speak.
* Sunday - Communion Sunday will be observed at 11:30 a.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will be observed after the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, May 12 - Mother's Day observance during the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, May 19 - The 151st anniversary of the church will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship. Pastor Amis will speak and the Hopewell Choir will provide music.
* Sunday, May 26 - The anniversary of Hopewell Baptist Church will be celebrated
Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church, 3285 Peach Orchard Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, May 26 - The church anniversary will be celebrated during morning worship. Pastor Addison will speak and the High Hills Fellowship Choir will provide music.
Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church, 803 S. Harvin St., announces:
* Through May 15 - Lent and post lent services from 6:30 to 8 p.m. with speakers and text as follows: May 1, Minister Dianna Hilliard, Ephesians 1:19-23; May 8, Minister Miriam Howard, Acts 26:13-18; and May 15, Minister Sylestine Simmons, 1 Peter 3:18-22.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, May 11 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for two sessions and a luncheon. Cathy Hargett, of Highway to Zion Ministries, will speak. The morning session will begin at 10 a.m. and will include coffee and muffins. Luncheon will be held at noon. The afternoon session will include a lesson and practice in Hebraic Dance. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Liberty Hill AME Church, 2310 Liberty Hill Road, Summerton, announces:
* Saturday, May 11 - Mother's Day banquet, sponsored by the grandparent's ministry, at 5 p.m. Donation of $10 at the door. The Rev. Dr. Joannie Hilton and the Rev. Robert L. China Jr. will speak.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Registration is now open for ages 4 through 10 years old for Camp Zion for June through August. Cost is $25 per week. Call (803) 773-3546 to reserve your spot.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The Rev. Johnnie M. Gist will speak at 6 p.m.
* Thursday-Saturday, May 16-18 - The church will host the ushers department of the Baptist E&M Convention of South Carolina annual session as follows: 7 p.m. Thursday, welcome night, Dr. Sammie D. Simmons will speak; 7 p.m. Friday, banquet, Pastor George P. Windley Jr. will speak; and 10 a.m. Saturday, closing sermon, Dr. Norman Gamble will speak.
* Sunday, May 19 - The YWA ministry will hold its anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Annual leadership anniversary workshop for the deacons and trustees ministries with leaders workshop at 1 p.m. Saturday and worship at 3:30 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Dr. Leon Winn, pastor of Rock Hill Baptist Church of Manning.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - Annual Mayfest will begin with 10 a.m. parade at the Craftmen Field. Fun, food and fellowship.
* Wednesday, May 8 - Pre-Mother's Day Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming and golden age will be held beginning with 10 a.m. Sunday school followed by 11 a.m. worship. All seniors will be honored. There will be special music and a covered dish lunch will follow the morning services. Nursery provided.
* Sunday-Friday, June 9-14 - Vacation Bible School for ages 3 through adult as follows: 6-9 p.m. Sunday; 6:30-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; and 6:30 p.m. Friday, family night and commencement followed by supper. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - The Lord's Supper will be observed at 10:30 a.m.
* Monday - Ladies friendship tea at noon.
* Sunday, May 12 - Mother's Day. There will be no evening worship.
* Monday, May 20 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m.
* Tuesday, May 21 - Wylma DuBose group meeting at 10 a.m. at the home of Katherine Healan
* Friday, May 24 - Ablaze service with Neal Welch at 7 p.m.
St. Peter AME Church, 7480 Governor Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. at the Cultural Arts Center, 12 S. Church St., Summerton. On the program: Heavenly Stars of Manning, Gospel All Stars of Orangeburg, Silver Stars, Amazing Praise Team and M.V.L. New Birth Gospel Singers. Cost: $10 advance donation; $15 at the door; $5 at the door for children 6-12.
Summerton United Methodist Church, 2 Briggs St., Summerton, announces:
* Saturday - Yard / plant / baked and frozen foods sale 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Items are now being gathered for the sale. If you have donations of housewares, furniture, glassware, linens, collectibles, antiques or books, you may call the church at (803) 485-6865 to make arrangements for drop off or pick up. Please no electonics or clothes. Appliances will be accepted if they are operational.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, May 19 - Family and friends day celebration at 11 a.m. Pastor Bobby G. Damon will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday, May 11 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Terry Budwine and Pastor Nathaniel and Carleen Brown.
More Articles to Read