Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church, 4319 Rowe Drive, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - The 77th (known) anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 2 p.m. The Rev. Ranzy McFadden, pastor of St. John Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - The 11th pastoral anniversary of Pastor Daniel Bennett Jr. will be celebrated at 4 p.m. Pastor Nathan Amos, pastor of New Birth Holiness Church, will speak.
Concord Baptist Church, 1885 Myrtle Beach Highway, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming will be held at 10 a.m. Dr. Rodney Hord will speak and the Floyd Family Trio will provide music. Fellowship dinner will follow.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Donations are being accepted for the annual Coats for Christ giveaway scheduled to be held 8-11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 18. Donations of gently used coats of all sizes, scarves, gloves, hats, blankets and socks (new) should be left on the back porch of Dorcas' Closet at the church. Call (803) 499-5190.
* Saturday, Nov. 18 - Coats for Christ giveaway 8-11 a.m. No application or qualifications. Call (803) 499-5190 with any questions.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - The 149th anniversary of the church will be observed at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Sammie D. Simmons will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 26 - Dr. Marla F. Frederick, professor of African American Studies and Study of Religion at Harvard University, will speak at 10:45 a.m.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - Trustee ministry anniversary celebration at 3:30 p.m. Pastor LaShonda McElveen, of Calvary Christian Outreach Ministry, will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - The third pastoral anniversary of Pastor Donald Amis will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. O.J. Hannah, associate pastor of First Baptist Church, will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Deacons / deaconess ministry anniversary will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. Willie Dennis will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Nov. 11 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Ralph and Patti Banks Walden will speak. The Waldens have traveled around the world ministering to those who have experienced hurt, brokenness and barrenness. All ladies of all ages are invited. A love offering will be received. knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com
Liberty Hill AME Church, 2310 Liberty Hill Road, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - A musical concert featuring the Committee Family will be held at 3 p.m.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Today-Saturday - Leadership luncheon and summit at noon. Harvey Rogers, chaplain manager of Palmetto Health, will speak.
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - A tribute in order of Veteran's Day will be held at 10 a.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The Rev. Johnnie M. Gist will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - Youth choir anniversary worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. Minister Roneika China-Jeanette will speak. The "One Sumter" community meeting will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, Nov. 15 - Golden Age pre-Thanksgiving fellowship / luncheon will be held at 10 a.m. The Rev. Ricky Syndab will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Widows / widowers ministry annual worship at 10:45 a.m.
Mulberry Missionary Baptist Church, 1400 Mulberry Church Road, announces:
* Sunday - The Majestic Gospel Singers appreciation day will be held at 4 p.m. The Freedom Five, William Nelson and others will provide music.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Monday - Baptist Women's World Day of Prayer will be held at 6 p.m. The Rev. Dilbert Singleton will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - Veteran's Day program at 10 a.m. with a salute to all veterans.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - The 143rd anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 10 a.m.
New Birth Holiness Church, 42 Larkin St., announces:
* Sunday - The 21st anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor Terry Dinkins, of Revelation Sanctuary COGIC, will speak.
New Salem Baptist Church, 2500 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming with Sunday school at 10 a.m. followed by 11 a.m. worship. Dinner on the grounds. The Rev. Kevin Massey will speak.
* Sunday-Wednesday, Nov. 12-15 - Revival services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. The Rev. Johnny Muller, director of missions for Edisto Association, will speak.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday - Seven women presenting the "Seven I Ams of God in Christ Jesus" at 4 p.m. Speakers: the Rev. Constance Lane, Evangelist Savitra McFadden, the Rev. Katie Williams, Minister Marilyn Cooper, Evangelist Curtina Sumpter, the Rev. Nina Moore and Evangelist Jacqueline Jowers.
Summerton Southern Methodist Church, 1107 Felton Road, Summerton, announces:
* Saturday - Church barbecue supper will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Plate are $8 each. Served cafeteria style or take out.
Summerton United Methodist Church, 2 Briggs St., Summerton, announces:
* Donations of gently used coats, winter clothing and blankets are being accepted for the "Coats from Christ" outreach ministry. Donations may be dropped off 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Wednesday at the church office. Last day to drop off items is Nov. 15. Call Jena Davis at (803) 478-4230 and your call will be returned.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Saturday - Armor bearer program will be held at 5 p.m. Pastor Albertus McDowell will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 12 - The ninth anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor Harry Clark, of Mt. Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Union Station AME Church, 945 S. Main St., announces:
* Boys and girls community coat drive. Sizes needed are 6 to 18. Drop coats off 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays through Nov. 15. Call (803) 775-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Homecoming celebration will be held at 11 a.m. Brother Richard Bernard Fortune, district manager of retails for Dollar Tree Inc., will speak.
More Articles to Read