Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Saturday - Teens with voices from 3 to 5 p.m.
* Friday, Nov. 1, and Sunday, Nov. 3 - Ninth pastoral anniversary and church anniversary celebration as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Bishop Cartrell Woods will speak; and 5 p.m. Sunday, Bishop TL Penny will speak.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - Festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-3 p.m. for friends and family weekend featuring health screenings, blood pressure monitoring, games, refreshments and more.
Beulah Union Methodist Episcopal Church, 2380 S. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Sunday - Gospel choir anniversary program at 3:30 p.m.
Black River Missionary Baptist Association, P.O. Box 939, Manning, announces:
* Sunday-Saturday, Oct. 19 - The 115th session of Black River Missionary Baptist Association begins at 4 p.m. Sunday at Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 2225 Conyers Road, Paxville, Opening Session with ministers and ministers' wives ministry and deacons and deacons' wives ministry. Sessions for Monday-Thursday and Saturday will convene at Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, 10075 Calvary Church Road, Pinewood, as follows: 5 p.m. Monday, brotherhood and trustee ministries; 5 p.m. Tuesday, District Congress of Christian Education and usher's ministry; 5 p.m. Wednesday, YWA and woman's district ministries; 4 p.m. Thursday, Parent Body Session, updates on education, State E&M Convention and S.C. Congress of Christian Education; and 10 a.m. Saturday, junior missionary ministry and young people's ministry. At 6 p.m. Friday, the 21st Educational Scholarship Banquet will be held at Manning Junior High School, 1101 W.L. Hamilton Road, Manning. Call (803) 485-8155 for tickets.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming celebration at 11 a.m. Pastor Daniel Bennett Jr. will speak.
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - Missionary ministry's prayer breakfast at 9 a.m. Evangelist Cherysse N. Durham will speak.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday -Chili cook-off at approximately noon. Entry fee is $10 and donations to eat.
* Wednesday, Oct. 16 - SONshine Club at noon in the fellowship hall. Bring a covered dish.
* Thursday, Oct. 31 - Trunk or treat at 6 p.m. Hot dog dinner with sides. Hayrides, candy, costumes. Open to all.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - Banquet for the 155th church anniversary at 6 p.m. at Emmanuel's Family Life Center. Rep. J. David Weeks, D-Sumter, will speak.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Revival at 6 p.m. The Rev. Cheryl G. Johnson will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Anniversary service and dinner at 3 p.m. The Rev. Angela F. Nelson will speak.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Saturday - Sunbeam choir's anniversary celebration at 3 p.m.
Goodwill Baptist Church, 1329 Goodwill Church Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - The 12th pastoral anniversary of Elder Renel Trevol will be celebrated at 4 p.m.
Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church, 803 S. Harvin St., announces:
* Sunday - The Golden Ministry will recognize caregivers at the 7:45 a.m., 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. services. Linda Windley, LMSW-PACE and Hospice Bereavement Coordinator at Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital, will speak.
Kingdom Builders Deliverance Ministries, 621 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Today and Sunday - Holy Convocation at 7 p.m. today and 10 a.m. Sunday.
* Sunday, Nov. 10 - Church anniversary celebration at 3 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Leroy Green will speak.
Kingsbury Road Church of Christ, 215 Kingsbury Road, announces:
* Sunday-Thursday, Oct. 20-24 - Gospel meeting. Sunday activities as follows: Bible class at 9:45 a.m., worship at 11 a.m., dinner 1-2:30 p.m. and evening worship at 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 7 nightly. Al Simmons will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet 10 a.m.-noon. Do you struggle with a gap between what you know to be true and your life? Do you struggle with besetting thoughts and habits you can't seem to master? Irene Partipilo, of Alabaster Boxes Ministries, Indian Land, will share three simple techniques you can do that will change your life. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church, 7355 Camden Highway, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday - The 22nd pastoral appreciation service for Pastor Anthony L. Taylor Sr. and Seletha Taylor. Church school begins at 9 a.m. with regular services to follow. The Rev. Dr. Caroles Taylor will speak.
Mount Zero Missionary Baptist Church, 7827 S.C. 261, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Fish fry at 11 a.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Morris College Day will be observed at 10:45 a.m. President Leroy Staggers will speak and the Morris College Choir will provide music.
* Sunday, Oct. 20 - Deacon/deaconess anniversary celebration at 10:45 a.m. Deacon J. David Weeks will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Mass choir anniversary celebration at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Joseph Ricks will speak.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Today-Sunday - The 157th church anniversary celebration as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, revival, the Rev. Cheryl Giles Johnson will speak; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, fun day; and 4 p.m. Sunday, Dr. Thomas J. Bowman Sr. will speak.
New Beginning Outreach Ministry, 4660 Thomas Sumter Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 26 - Fall festival 3-6:30 p.m. with music, bounce house, horse, games, food and drinks. Trunk or treat at 6 p.m.
New Fellowship Baptist Church, 105 S. Purdy St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 20 - The 31st church anniversary celebration at 10:30 a.m. The Rev. Eugene Myers will speak.
New Zion AME Church, 78 Elliott Highway, Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 20-22 - Revival as follows: 5 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Jerome Douglas will speak; and 7 nightly Monday-Tuesday, Bishop John T. Brown will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - The Women's Missionary Society anniversary celebration at 11 a.m. Casual white attire.
* Sunday, Oct. 20 - Children's Sabbath day worship service at 11 a.m. We will be collecting coloring books, crayons and stuffed animals to be donated to sick and abused children.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - Operation Christmas Child Shoebox ministry at 6:30 p.m. Beverly Anderson will speak.
* Wednesday, Oct. 16 - Wylma DuBose group will meet at 10 a.m. at the home of Joyce Hodge.
* Wednesdays, Oct. 16, 23 and 30 - "That the World May Know" video series will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - RA's cookout and fishing day at the home of Mr. Davis 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 20 - Pastor appreciation and fellowship at 6:30 p.m. Bring a favorite finger food.
* Monday, Oct. 21 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Fall festival 6-6:30 p.m. Bring individually wrapped candy.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 20 - Calendar tea at 1 p.m. The Rev. John Johnson will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Pastor's anniversary celebration at 1 p.m. The Rev. Lavaron Johnson will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh at 4 p.m. Rhonda Keels will speak.
Sumter Baptist Temple, 2295 Harper St., announces:
* Sunday - New studio building dedication at 4:30 p.m. with open house to tour new facility. Light refreshments. Pastor Mike Westmoreland will speak.
The Rock Church of Sumter, 365 N. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Oct. 17-18 - Revival "God Says Live" at 7:30 nightly. Pastor Eartha Edwards will speak on Thursday and Pastor Maria Powell will speak on Friday.
Triumph Ministries, 3525 Camden Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 18-20 - Women of Exertion (W.O.E.) presents the ninth annual women's conference as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Prophetess Kelly Crews will speak; Saturday, Elder Beverly Richbow will speak at 9 a.m. and Pastor Sandra Fairley will speak at noon; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Prophetess Octavia Lucas will speak. Theme: Come out of hiding and know your worth.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Faithwalkers 4 and Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown. A love offering will be received.
More Articles to Read