Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Friday, Nov. 1, and Sunday, Nov. 3 - Celebration for the ninth pastoral anniversary and church anniversary as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Bishop Cartrell Woods, of Salem Baptist Church, will speak; and 5 p.m. Sunday, Bishop TL Penny, of Shabach World Cathedral, will speak.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday - Annual day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Held in celebration of friends and family weekend, event will feature health information and screenings, blood pressure monitoring, games, refreshments and more.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday - Missionary ministry's prayer breakfast for men and woman at 9 a.m. Evangelist Cherysse N. Durham will speak.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Thursday, Oct. 31 - Trunk or treat at 6 p.m. Hot dog dinner with sides. Hayrides, candy, costumes. Open to all.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Saturday - Banquet for the 155th church anniversary at 6 p.m. at Emmanuel's Family Life Center. Rep. J. David Weeks, D-Sumter, will speak.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Revival at 6 p.m. The Rev. Cheryl G. Johnson will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Anniversary service and dinner at 3 p.m. The Rev. Angela F. Nelson will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike Road East, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Family and friends day will be held at 3:30 p.m. Bishop LeRoy James, of Kingdom Builders Deliverance Ministries Inc., will speak.
Green Acres Assembly of God, 537 Lewis Road, announces:
* Friday, Nov. 8 - Gospel singing at 7 p.m. Carolina Quartet will provide music.
Kingdom Builders Deliverance Ministries, 621 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 10 - The anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Leroy Green will speak.
Kingsbury Road Church of Christ, 215 Kingsbury Road, announces:
* Sunday-Thursday, Oct. 24 - Gospel meeting. Sunday activities as follows: Bible class at 9:45 a.m., worship at 11 a.m., free dinner 1-2:30 p.m. and evening worship at 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 7 nightly. Al Simmons will speak.
Maranatha Seventh-day Adventist Church, 314 W. Huggins St., Manning, announces:
* Saturday - International day / cultural day celebration and festivities at 4 p.m. There will be a flag parade and food tastings from 14 different nations. Question and answer period will follow.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The deacon / deaconess anniversary will be celebrated at 10:45 a.m. Deacon J. David Weeks will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Mass choir anniversary celebration at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Joseph Ricks will speak.
Mulberry Missionary Baptist Church, 1400 Mulberry Church Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Homecoming / mortgage burning for O.S. Scott Multi-Purpose Building at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Leroy Blanding will speak.
New Beginning Outreach Ministry, 4660 Thomas Sumter Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 26 - Fall festival from 3 to 6:30 p.m. featuring music, bounce houses, horse, fun and games for the whole family. Food and drinks also. Trunk or treat will be held at 6 p.m.
New Birth Holiness Church, 42 Larkins St., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 3 - The 23rd anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor David Simms will speak.
New Fellowship Baptist Church, 105 S. Purdy St., announces:
* Sunday - The 31st anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. The Rev. Eugene Myers, pastor of Galilee Baptist Church, will speak.
New Testament Lighthouse Church, 1114 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Saturday - Revival at 4 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Scott Eadie will speak.
New Zion AME Church, 78 Elliott Highway, Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday-Tuesday, Oct. 22 - Revival as follows: 5 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Jerome Douglas will speak; and 7 nightly Monday-Tuesday, Bishop John T. Brown will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - The Women's Missionary Society will celebrate its anniversary at 11 a.m. Casual white attire.
* Sunday - The young people's department will observe the annual children's Sabbath day worship service at 11 a.m. We will be collecting coloring books, crayons and stuffed animals to be donated to sick and abused children.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Saturday - RA's cookout and fishing day at the home of Mr. Davis 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
* Sunday - Pastor appreciation service and fellowship at 6:30 p.m. Bring your favorite finger food.
* Monday, Oct. 21 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23 - "That the World May Know" video series will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Fall festival 6-6:30 p.m. Bring individually wrapped candy.
* Wednesday, Oct. 30 - "That the World May Know" video series will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - Calendar tea at 1 p.m. The Rev. John Johnson will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Pastor's anniversary will be celebrated at 1 p.m. The Rev. Lavaron Johnson will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh at 4 p.m. Rhonda Keels, of Mount Carmel Freewill Baptist Church of Manning, will speak.
The Rock Church of Sumter, 365 N. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Today - Revival "God Says Live" at 7:30 p.m. Pastor Maria Powell will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3525 Camden Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Today-Sunday - Women of Exertion (W.O.E.) presents the ninth annual women's conference as follows: 7 p.m. today, Prophetess Kelly Crews will speak; Saturday, Elder Beverly Richbow will speak at 9 a.m. and Pastor Sandra Fairley will speak at noon; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Prophetess Octavia Lucas will speak. Theme: Come out of hiding and know your worth.
Union Baptist Church, 300 Odom Lane, Wedgefield, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 3 - Pastoral installation celebration for the Rev. David W. Brown at 4 p.m. Hazel L. Charles, pastor of Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church, Alcolu, will speak.
More Articles to Read