ALIVE Praise & Worship Center, 342 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday - Open mic night for ages 18 and up at 6:30 p.m. Poetry, singing, music and spoken word. Free admission
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Tailgate worship and homecoming services at 10 a.m. on the parsonage grounds. Enjoy worship, food and fellowship. Call (803) 478-4557.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday - Annual day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Black River Missionary Baptist Association, P.O. Box 939, Manning, announces:
* Today-Saturday - The 114th annual session of Black River Missionary Baptist Association will convene at Mount Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 5918 S.C. 260, Manning, as follows: 6 p.m. today, 20th Educational Scholarship Banquet at Manning Junior High School, the Rev. Dr. Lewis W. Walker Jr. will speak, call (803) 485-8155 for tickets; and 10 a.m. Sunday, junior missionary ministry, the Rev. Victor Scott will speak, young people's convention.
Church Women United announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 27 - Annual salad luncheon 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St. Tickets that were purchased for the Sept. 22 luncheon, which was canceled, will be honored. Carry-outs will start at noon.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Cypress Fork Free Will Baptist Church, 5152 N. Brewington Road, Manning, announces:
* Thursday-Saturday, Oct. 25-27 - Revival and special music at 7 nightly Thursday-Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday. The Rev. Nat Brown, pastor of Walker's Chapel, will speak.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated in place of the normal worship service, which begins at 9:30 a.m., followed by Sunday school. A covered dish lunch will be held in the fellowship hall. (Visitors are not asked to bring a covered dish.) All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Expanded trunk-or-treat 5-7 p.m. with hot dogs, bounce houses, face painting and lots of candy.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday, Wednesday, Oct. 24 and Sunday, Oct. 28 - The 154th church anniversary celebration "Connecting Congregation and Community to the Glory of God" as follows: 9 a.m. Saturday, community connections prayer breakfast at Goodwin Family Life Center, EUMC, the Rev. Marvis L. Stewart will speak; Sunday, 9 a.m. Sunday school followed by 10 a.m. pre-anniversary worship, Congressman James Clyburn will speak; 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, one night revival, the Rev. Marion H. Newton will speak; and Sunday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. Sunday school, 10 a.m. worship with the Rev. Marvis Stewart, 3 p.m. worship celebration with the Rev. Telly L. Gadson, and 4:30 p.m., fellowship dinner.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 27 - Women's conference at 8 a.m. at 221 Rosewood Drive, Columbia. Theme: "Willing to walk on water." Deherda Butler will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Fourth Sunday fellowship at 4 p.m. at True Vine Outreach Ministry, 13028 Garners Ferry Road, Eastover.
Faith Outreach Assembly, 42 Callen Drive, announces:
* Saturday - Brown bag fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring barbecue sandwich, chips and cookie for $5.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Today-Sunday - Women's Day weekend will be as follows: 6:30 p.m. today, game night; 9 a.m. Saturday, prayer breakfast, Dr. Belinda Windley will speak; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Elder Belinda Randolph will speak.
Grace Full Gospel Church, 1540 Bradham Blvd., announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming. Singing will be held at 10 a.m. with worship at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served immediately following worship. The Rev. Trey Smoak, of Hartsville, will speak. Brother Kyle Preskitt and family, from Danville, Virginia, will provide music.
LaGree AME Church, 2920 Kolb Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The 126th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. The Rev. Gregory Williams, pastor of Orangehill AME Church, will speak. Theme: "It's harvest time."
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays running through Nov. 28 (Oct. 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Deadline for meal registration for the Oct. 24 session is Oct. 22. Call (803) 453-5759, email email@example.com or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston.
Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church, 302 Woodward St., Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Dr. Ralph W. Canty, pastor of Savannah Grove Baptist Church, will speak at 5 p.m. as part of the 120th church anniversary celebration.
* Sunday, Nov. 4 - Dr. Donald Green, pastor of Andrews Chapel Baptist Church of Orangeburg, will speak at 4 p.m. as part of the 120th church anniversary celebration.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 27 - Church Women United annual salad luncheon 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Tickets that were purchased for the Sept. 22 luncheon, which was canceled, will be honored. Carry-outs will start at noon.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Deacons / deaconess ministry annual worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The Mass Choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Nov. 4 - Minister Henry Felder will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Nov. 11 - Youth choir anniversary worship celebration and recognition of veterans at 10:45 a.m.
* Tuesday, Nov. 13 - Free Heirs' Property Seminar and Clinic, sponsored by S.C. Natural Resource Conservation Services (SC NRCS) Center for Heirs' Property Preservation (free educational seminar) at 6 p.m. Attorneys from the Center for Heirs' Property Preservation in Charleston will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 18 - Widows / widowers support ministry anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Elder Delcia Harper-Baxter will speak.
New Birth Holiness Church, 41 Larkin St., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 4 - The 22nd anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. featuring Elijah Bradford and Purpose Driven.
New Fellowship Baptist Church, 105 S. Purdy St., announces:
* Sunday - The 30th church anniversary will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. The Rev. Lewis Walker Jr. will speak.
* Monday-Saturday, Oct. 22-27 - The Wateree Baptist Association's conference will be held.
New Hope UME Church, 19022 Panola Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Pink Ribbon Sunday: Soulfully Fit Health Ministry raising awareness about breast cancer at 11 a.m.
New Salem Baptist Church, 2500 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 4 - Homecoming with 10:30 a.m. worship service followed by lunch in the fellowship hall.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Oct. 24-26 - Annual "Fire" Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Dr. William Woods, pastor of Salem Baptist Church of Sumter, will speak.
* Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 3-4 - Women's empowerment weekend as follows: 12:30 p.m. Saturday, lunch and master classes for and about women; and 4 p.m. Sunday, women's revival service. Speakers: Pastor Sheila Neal, Pastor Kizzy McDonald, Minister Johnnie Mae Gist, Minister Taneisha Samuel and Minister Jennifer Cook.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - The Women's Missionary Society will celebrate their anniversary program at 11 a.m. Casual attire.
* Sunday - Annual children's Sabbath worship service at 11 a.m. Members and friends will donate stuffed animals, coloring books and reading books to sick and abused children. At 2 p.m., the Sunbeam Choir will hold its anniversary celebration.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The usher board will observe their anniversary program at 2 p.m.
Pisgah Baptist Church, 8295 Black River Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - Fall festival and trunk-or-treat will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. featuring food, hayrides, face painting, games, a bouncy house, obstacle course, Tae Kwon-Do demonstration; car seat checks and more. Richland County Sheriff's Deputy Lt. Danny Brown, from "Live PD," will be in attendance. Event is being sponsored and presented by several community churches.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday - Pack-the-pew worship service at 3 p.m. The Rev. James Cabbagestalk, of St. Mark AME Church of Olanta, will speak.
Second Presbyterian Church, 1125 Old Pocalla Road, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 27-28 - The 138th church anniversary / homecoming celebration will be held as follows: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, community day church picnic with food, fun, fellowship and relevant topics of interest presented by community speakers; and 4 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Darryl Cunningham of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, Chester, will speak.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Annual calendar tea will be held at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. John Johnson, associate pastor of Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday - Pack-the-pew celebration at 4 p.m. The Rev. Kenneth Carter will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Women's Day program at 11 a.m. Theme: The way of love through service to God and to one another. Elder Stacci McElveen, of Spirit and Truth Deliverance Church, will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Annual appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh at 4 p.m. Pastor Rosa Fulton, of the Master's Place of Manning, will speak.
St. Paul AME Church, 835 Plowden Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday - Pulpit Aid's annual day at 4 p.m. Pack-a-pew. Dr. Debbie Bowens Davis, pastor of Agape AME Church, McBee, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Friday, Oct. 26 - Ignite service at 7 p.m. Prophet Everett Roberson, of Ridgeland, will speak.
More Articles to Read