Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - Friends and family day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Event will feature health information and screenings, blood pressure monitoring, games, refreshments and more.
Beulah Union Methodist Episcopal Church, 2380 S. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 - Gospel choir anniversary program at 3:30 p.m.
Black River Missionary Baptist Association, P.O. Box 939, Manning, announces:
* Sunday-Saturday, Oct. 13-19 - The 115th annual session of Black River Missionary Baptist Association will begin at 4 p.m. Sunday at Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 2225 Conyers Road, Paxville, Opening Session with ministers and ministers' wives ministry and deacons and deacons' wives ministry, the Rev. Michael Collins will speak. Sessions for Monday-Thursday and Saturday will convene at Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, 10075 Calvary Church Road, Pinewood, as follows: 5 p.m. Monday, brotherhood and trustee ministries, the Rev. Victor Scott will speak; 5 p.m. Tuesday, District Congress of Christian Education and usher's ministry, the Rev. Carnell Witherspoon will speak; 5 p.m. Wednesday, YWA and woman's district ministries, the Rev. Clifford Gaymon will speak; 4 p.m. Thursday, Parent Body Session, updates on education, State E&M Convention and S.C. Congress of Christian Education, the Rev. Dr. George P. Windley Sr. will speak; and 10 a.m. Saturday, junior missionary ministry and young people's ministry, the Rev. Edward L. Sanders will speak. At 6 p.m. Friday, the 21st Educational Scholarship Banquet will be held at Manning Junior High School, 1101 W.L. Hamilton Road, Manning, the Rev. Eddie L. Moore will speak. For tickets, call Eva Gaters at (803) 485-8155.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 - Homecoming celebration at 11 a.m. Pastor Daniel Bennett Jr. will speak.
Concord Baptist Church, 1885 Myrtle Beach Highway, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Believers Quartet.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 -Chili cook-off at approximately noon. Entry fee is $10 and donations to eat.
* Wednesday, Oct. 16 - SONshine Club at noon in the fellowship hall. Bring a covered dish.
* Thursday, Oct. 31 - Trunk or treat at 6 p.m. Hot dog dinner with sides. Hayrides, candy, costumes. Open to all.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - Banquet for the 155th church anniversary at 6 p.m. at Emmanuel's Family Life Center. Rep. J. David Weeks, D-Sumter, will speak.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Revival at 6 p.m. The Rev. Cheryl G. Johnson will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Anniversary service and dinner at 3 p.m. The Rev. Angela F. Nelson will speak.
Goodwill Baptist Church, 1329 Goodwill Church Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 - The 12th pastoral anniversary celebration of Elder Renel Trevol at 4 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion after 10:15 a.m. worship.
Kingdom Builders Deliverance Ministries, 621 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Oct. 9-11, and Sunday, Oct. 13 - Holy Convocation at 7 nightly Wednesday-Friday and 10 a.m. Sunday. Speakers: Bishop Ernest McClerklin, the Rev. Manervia Paige, the Rev. Dr. Andre Rogers and Bishop Leroy T. James.
* Sunday, Nov. 10 - Church anniversary celebration at 3 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Leroy Green will speak.
Kingsbury Road Church of Christ, 215 Kingsbury Road, announces:
* Sunday-Thursday, Oct. 20-24 - Gospel meeting. Sunday activities as follows: Bible class at 9:45 a.m., worship at 11 a.m., free dinner 1-2:30 p.m. and evening worship at 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 7 nightly. Al Simmons will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 12 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Do you struggle with a gap between what you know to be true and your life? Do you struggle with besetting thoughts and habits you can't seem to master? Learn practical steps to let go of the past while discovering the plan God has for your life. Irene Partipilo, of Alabaster Boxes Ministries, Indian Land, will share three simple techniques you can do that will change your life. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mechanicsville United Methodist Church, 184 Lake Ashwood Road, announces:
* Today - "A Night out with Genesis" young adult ministry (18-35) at 7 p.m. at Ruby Tuesday, 1135 Broad St. Pastor Ernest W. Frierson will speak.
Mount Zero Missionary Baptist Church, 7827 S.C. 261, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 12 - Fish fry at 11 a.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 - Morris College Day will be observed at 10:45 a.m. President Leroy Staggers will speak and the Morris College Choir will provide music.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 11-13 - The 157th church anniversary will be celebrated as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, revival, the Rev. Cheryl Giles Johnson will speak; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, fun day; and 4 p.m. Sunday, Dr. Thomas J. Bowman Sr. will speak.
New Israel Baptist Church, 5330 Old Camden Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - The 15th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 1 p.m. The Rev. Benny McCants will speak. Dinner will be served after the service.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Saturday - Engage Group beach trip. Meet at 8 a.m. at church.
* Sunday - The Lord's Supper will be observed during 6:30 p.m. worship.
* Sunday, Oct. 13 - Operation Christmas Child Shoebox ministry at 6:30 p.m. Beverly Anderson will speak.
* Wednesday, Oct. 16 - Wylma DuBose group will meet at 10 a.m. at the home of Joyce Hodge. "That the World May Know" video series will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Oct. 19 - RA's cookout and fishing day at the home of Mr. Davis 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 20 - Pastor appreciation service and fellowship at 6:30 p.m. Bring your favorite finger food.
* Monday, Oct. 21 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23 - "That the World May Know" video series at 6:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Fall festival 6-6:30 p.m. Bring individually wrapped candy.
* Wednesday, Oct. 30 - "That the World May Know" video series at 6:30 p.m.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 27 - Appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh at 4 p.m. Rhonda Keels will speak.
The Rock Church of Sumter, 365 N. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Oct. 17-18 - Revival "God Says Live" at 7:30 nightly. Pastor Eartha Edwards will speak on Thursday and Pastor Maria Powell will speak on Friday.
Triumph Ministries, 3525 Camden Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 18-20 - Women of Exertion (W.O.E.) presents the ninth annual women's conference as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Prophetess Kelly Crews will speak; Saturday, Elder Beverly Richbow will speak at 9 a.m. and Pastor Sandra Fairley will speak at noon; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Prophetess Octavia Lucas will speak. Theme: Come out of hiding and know your worth.
Union Baptist Church, 300 Odom Lane, Wedgefield, announces:
* Sunday - 100 men in black and 100 women in white program at 4 p.m. The Rev. Willie A. Wright Jr., pastor of New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 12 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Faithwalkers 4 and Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown. A love offering will be received.
More Articles to Read