Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday — WMS worship at 10 a.m. Brother Joseph Cabbagestalk will speak.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 — Annual day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Held in celebration of friends and family weekend, event will feature health information and screenings, blood pressure monitoring, games, refreshments and more.
Bethel AME Church, 1605 S. Kings Highway, Wedgefield, announces:
* Sunday — Youth appreciation day will be held at 4 p.m.
Beulah Union Methodist Episcopal Church, 2380 S. St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 — Gospel choir anniversary program at 3:30 p.m.
Black River Missionary Baptist Association, P.O. Box 939, Manning, announces:
* Sunday-Saturday, Oct. 13-19 — The 115th annual session of Black River Missionary Baptist Association will begin at 4 p.m. Sunday at Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 2225 Conyers Road, Paxville, Opening Session with ministers and ministers’ wives ministry and deacons and deacons’ wives ministry, the Rev. Michael Collins will speak. Sessions for Monday-Thursday and Saturday will convene at Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, 10075 Calvary Church Road, Pinewood, as follows: 5 p.m. Monday, brotherhood and trustee ministries, the Rev. Victor Scott will speak; 5 p.m. Tuesday, District Congress of Christian Education and usher’s ministry, the Rev. Carnell Witherspoon will speak; 5 p.m. Wednesday, YWA and woman’s district ministries, the Rev. Clifford Gaymon will speak; 4 p.m. Thursday, Parent Body Session, updates on education, State E&M Convention and S.C. Congress of Christian Education, the Rev. Dr. George P. Windley Sr. will speak; and 10 a.m. Saturday, junior missionary ministry and young people’s ministry, the Rev. Edward L. Sanders will speak. At 6 p.m. Friday, the 21st Educational Scholarship Banquet will be held at Manning Junior High School, 1101 W.L. Hamilton Road, Manning, the Rev. Eddie L. Moore will speak. For tickets, call Eva R. Gaters at (803) 485-8155 for tickets.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Wednesday, Oct. 2 — Fellowship dinner at 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall. All are welcome. Donations accepted.
* Sunday, Oct. 13 —Chili cook-off, sponsored by UMW, at approximately noon. Entry fee is $10 and donations to eat. The community is welcome.
* Wednesday, Oct. 16 — SONshine Club at noon in the fellowship hall. Bring a covered dish. Held every third Wednesday. The community is welcome.
* Thursday, Oct. 31 — Trunk or treat at 6 p.m. Hot dog dinner with sides. Hayrides, candy, costumes. Open to all.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 19 — Banquet for the 155th church anniversary at 6 p.m. at Emmanuel’s Family Life Center. Rep. J. David Weeks, D-Sumter, will speak.
* Wednesday, Oct. 23 — Revival at 6 p.m. The Rev. Cheryl G. Johnson will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 27 — Anniversary service and dinner at 3 p.m. The Rev. Angela F. Nelson will speak.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Saturday — Wateree Baptist Association Sunday School Congress for the NJ Brockman Oratorical Contest (grades 7-11). Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. and services will begin at 10 a.m.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike Road East, announces:
* Saturday — Pastoral celebration for the Rev. Dr. Aurelia G. Hill will be held at 2 p.m. Pastor Barbara P. Lash, of Corinth Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Goodwill Baptist Church, 1329 Goodwill Church Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 13 — The 12th pastoral anniversary of Elder Renel Trevol will be celebrated at 4 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 6 — Holy communion after 10:15 a.m. worship.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 12 — Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Do you struggle with a gap between what you know to be true and your life? Do you struggle with besetting thoughts and habits you can’t seem to master? Learn practical steps to let go of the past while discovering the plan God has for your life. Irene Partipilo, of Alabaster Boxes Ministries, Indian Land, will share the key to open the door and three simple techniques you can do that will change your life. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Manning New Start Community Church of the Nazarene, 4686 JW Rhames Road, Manning, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday — The 20th homecoming will be celebrated as follows: 6 p.m. Saturday, concert featuring Vance and Jeannie Sharpe; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, the Rev. Sam Flores, district superintendent, and the founding pastor, the Rev. Dale Turner, will speak.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 11-13 — The 157th church anniversary will be celebrated as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, revival, the Rev. Cheryl Giles Johnson will speak; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, fun day; and 4 p.m. Sunday, Dr. Thomas J. Bowman Sr. will speak.
New Israel Baptist Church, 5330 Old Camden Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 6 — The 15th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 1 p.m. The Rev. Benny McCants, pastor of Oak Grove Baptist Church, Alcolu, will speak. Dinner will be served after the service.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday — The 11th club fellowship worship service will be held at 11 a.m. Motorcycle, horse, bike, men’s, women’s, fraternities, sororities, etc. are all invited to attend. Refreshments will be served. There will be an outdoor concert at 3 p.m.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday — Singspiration at 6:30 p.m. (fifth Sunday open mic).
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday — The 142nd anniversary of the church will be celebrated during the 10 a.m. worship.
Sumter Free Will Baptist of the Pentecostal Faith, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday-Friday, Oct. 4 — Revival at 6 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 nightly Monday-Friday. The Rev. Clarence Sanderson will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3525 Camden Highway, Dalzell, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 18-20 — Women of Exertion (W.O.E.) presents the ninth annual women’s conference as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Prophetess Kelly Crews will speak; Saturday, Elder Beverly Richbow will speak at 9 a.m. and Pastor Sandra Fairley will speak at noon; and 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Prophetess Octavia Lucas will speak. Theme: Come out of hiding and know your worth.
More Articles to Read