All our coronavirus coverage is free to the public. It’s the right thing to do as a public service to our community. If you find this article helpful or informative and want to support our continued coverage, please subscribe or support us with a tax-deductible donation.
To find all our coronavirus coverage, including helpful local resources and website links, click here.
Prisma Health is offering free community screenings for COVID-19 on Tuesday, July 7, from 8 a.m. to noon at the Sumter County Civic Center, 700 W. Liberty St.
Here's what you need to know about the testing site:
- Anyone who thinks he or she has COVID-19 will be tested;
- No one needs a doctor's order;
- Testing will be given regardless of the ability to pay;
- An appointment is not needed;
- Everyone taking part will be given a mask upon arrival;
- Social distancing should be maintained;
- Test results should come back within four days;
- Everyone tested will receive follow-up information about test results, whether positive or negative, from providers at Prisma Health;
- Everyone will get tips on isolating at home if sick, caring for themselves and seeking more help if symptoms worsen; and
- In the event of inclement weather, testing events could be rescheduled.
For more information, go to www.prismahealth.org/coronavirus.
More Articles to Read