Harvin Clarendon County Library, 215 N. Brooks St., Manning, will offer special programs and activities during the months of June and July. All programs and activities are free, but seating space and craft supplies are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The library can accommodate 100 participants for each special program and for each craft pick-up activity. Call (803) 435-8633 or visit www.clarendonlibrary.com for further details.
In addition to the special programs and activities, the library holds storytimes for young children at 10:30 a.m. each Wednesday featuring stories, songs, fingerplays and other activities for babies, toddlers and preschoolers up to age 6 with a caregiver.
There will also be Craft Pick-Up Activities for children of all ages in June and July. Stop by the library each week to pick up a music-themed craft to take home and create.
Also, read for fun this summer and earn prizes. Readers may join the Reader's Club, pre-readers may join the Early Literacy Club, and teen students age 12-18 may join the Teen Reading Club. All reading clubs will run from June 1 through July 31.
- 2-3:30 p.m., June 5 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Rock Painting (12-18 years old)
- 3 p.m., June 7 - Science Tellers presents "Wild West: The Mystery of the Golden Piano." Throughout this wild adventure story, volunteers from the audience will help explore the fascinating science behind chemical reactions, combustion, air pressure, inertia and more.
- 2-3:30 p.m., June 12 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Recycled CD Coasters (12-18 years old)
- 10 a.m., June 14 - Jolly Lollies Concert Performance. Sing along with this children's band based out of Charlotte.
- 2-3:30 p.m., June 19 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Graffiti Art and Lettering (12-18 years old)
- 2 p.m., June 21 - RAPunzel presented by Porkchop Productions, a favorite South Carolina theater group, is a fun-filled version of the classic children's story.
- 7-9:30 p.m., June 22 - Teen Movie Night: "Black Panther" (12-18 years old)
- 2-3:30 p.m., June 26 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Lyrical Art (12-18 years old)
- 10:30 a.m., June 28 - Libraries Rock Drum Performance with Jeff Holland. Explore the history of the modern drum set - filled with exciting beats to get you moving and grooving. Fun program for all ages.
- 1 p.m., June 28 - Libraries Rock Drum Performance with Jeff Holland. Get ready to jam in a facilitated interactive rhythm experience. This program is better suited for children ages 7 and up as well as teens and adults.
- 10-11 a.m., Thursdays, July 5, 12, 19 and 26 - National Park System Junior Ranger Program: Geology & Fossils. Attend all four of these Thursday morning activities to learn about geology and fossils and work through the NPS program booklet. Students attending all dates will receive a patch from the National Park System and will get to meet a Congaree park ranger at the July 26 program. Program presented by Carrie Sinkler-Parker with the National Council of Negro Women. (7-12 years old)
- 2-3:30 p.m., July 10 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Tie Dye T-Shirts (12-18 years old)
- 10:30 a.m., July 13 - Peggy Parish Birthday Party, presented in partnership with Main Street Manning, will include stories by Peggy Parish, a craft activity and birthday-themed snacks.
- 10:30 a.m., July 16 - Aquarium Rovers. Visit with animals and educators from the South Carolina Aquarium in this fun, interactive program.
- 2-3:30 p.m., July 17 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Sheet Music Art (12-18 years old)
- 10:30 a.m., July 23 - Magic Show by Rockstar Magicians
- 2-3:30 p.m., July 24 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Guitar Picks (12-18 years old)
- 6-9:30 p.m., July 27 - National Teen Lock In. Join us for food and games, including music trivia and glow-in-the-dark bowling. Pre-registration at the library is encouraged as space is limited to 30 teens. Ask at the front desk about reserving your space. (12-18 years old)
- 2-3:30 p.m., July 31 - Libraries Rock Craft Activity: Crocheted CDs (12-18 years old)
More Articles to Read