Mobile home destroyed in Dalzell, 2 adults, 3 children displaced

BY KAYLA ROBINS
kayla@theitem.com
Posted 6/19/19

A Sunday night fire destroyed a home in Dalzell, displacing what the American Red Cross said are two adults and three children.

No one was at the Solstice Drive mobile home at the time of the …

This item is available in full to subscribers

Mobile home destroyed in Dalzell, 2 adults, 3 children displaced

Posted

A Sunday night fire destroyed a home in Dalzell, displacing what the American Red Cross said are two adults and three children.

No one was at the Solstice Drive mobile home at the time of the blaze, according to a Sumter Fire Department report, which said a smoke detector sent an alarm at 9:15 p.m. When firefighters arrived on scene at 9:28 p.m., they found the home venting fire through the roof and side.

The fire appeared to have started at or near the stove, the report said, and burned roughly 70% of the residence.

The entire structure, valued at $50,000, and all the contents, valued at $30,000, were deemed lost.

According to the report, the 20th Civil Engineer Squadron's fire department at Shaw Air Force Base helped at the scene.

The Red Cross said it is helping the occupants with financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials like comfort kits with personal hygiene items.