The South Carolina Wildlife Partnership is a nonprofit organization that was formed by several South Carolina private landowners and outdoor enthusiasts who understand the need for more public access to hunting in our state. In South Carolina, 92% of hunting land is privately owned.
The key goals of the SCWP/SCDNR partnership are to:
- Provide more public access on private lands specifically managed for wildlife.
- Offer additional hunting opportunities for the SCDNR waterfowl lottery hunt applicants while waiting to be selected.
- Protect and promote our hunting heritage by increasing the number of quality hunting opportunities offered to the public at no additional cost or loss of preference points.
How to participate in the SCWP waterfowl draw hunt opportunities:
- After Sept. 1, complete the quick opt-in registration on the SCDNR waterfowl lottery hunt site.
- Apply for the SCDNR Waterfowl lottery hunt. Applications will be available starting Sept. 1.
- If you opt in by registering and you are not selected for an SCDNR lottery hunt, SCDNR will provide the name, email and phone number of the primary applicant to SCWP for inclusion in the SCWP lottery process.
- There is no additional cost to the applicant, and SCDNR preference points are not affected by any SCWP draw hunt opportunity.
- SCWP requires that each applicant opting in has successfully completed an approved Hunter Education course before any SCWP hunts.
- If selected, you will be contacted directly by a SCWP representative.
For more information on the South Carolina Wildlife Partnership or to become a partnering landowner or SCWP hunt staff volunteer, please visit SCWP's website at www.sc-wp.org.
More Articles to Read