FROM STAFF REPORTS
Sumter City Council will hold a special called meeting at 4:30 p.m. today in City County Chambers, fourth floor of Sumter Opera House, 21 N. Main St., to have a workshop to discuss Community Development Block Grant entitlement budget for 2019-20.
City council's regular meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. in council chambers to recognize employees with 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 years of service and receive a presentation from Chris McKinney, executive director of Santee-Lynches Regional Council of Governments.
Council will also consider:
- First reading of a request to rezone an approximate 21.76-acre parcel of land at 2135 W. Oakland Ave. from residential-15 to residential-6;
- First reading of an ordinance to annex 21.76 acres at 2135 W. Oakland Ave. into the city;
- A resolution to authorize a contract from the Sunway Knolls Storm Drain Relocation Project;
- First reading of an ordinance to adopt the Community Development Block Grant entitlement budget for fiscal year 2019-20;
- Adoption of a municipal court jury from the state election commission for 2019; and
- Adoption of city council's meeting schedule for 2019.
More Articles to Read