Sumter City Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. today in City Council Chambers, fourth floor of Sumter Opera House, 21 N. Main St., to consider:
- Second and final reading of an ordinance to annex 21.76 acres at 2135 W. Oakland Ave. into the city;
- Final reading of an ordinance to rezone 21.76 acres at 2135 W. Oakland Ave. from residential-15 to residential-6 for the possible development of townhouses;
- Final reading of an ordinance to adopt the Community Development Block Grant entitlement budget for fiscal year 2019-2020;
- First reading of an ordinance to annex .8 acres at 1260 Alice Drive into the city; and
- A resolution to authorize the city to participate in a refinancing of a Section 108 loan from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. HUD's Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program offers state and local governments the ability to transform a small portion of CDBG funds into federally guaranteed loans to pursue physical development projects such as housing rehabilitation and economic development in those communities.
More Articles to Read