Sumter County Council will hold a special called meeting at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday in County Council Chambers, third floor of Sumter County Administration Building, 13 E. Canal St., to receive an initial presentation of the county's external audit by Webster Rogers LLP.
During its regular meeting following at 6 p.m., council will:
- Consider second reading of three of a request to rezone 46.99 acres at 2320 Beckwood Road from agricultural conservation to residential-15;
- Consider second reading of a request to rezone a 15-acre parcel and a 1.39-acre parcel at 160 Jefferson Road from general residential to heavy industrial;
- Hear a presentation by Webster Rogers Accounting firm regarding the county's external audit;
- Hear a presentation from Sumter County Coroner Robbie Baker; and
- Discuss, and possibly ratify, appointments to council's standing committees for the 2019-20 term.
More Articles to Read