Sumter County Council will meet at 6 p.m. today in County Council Chambers, Sumter County Administration Building, 13 E. Canal St., to recognize recipients of the 2018 American Legion Public Safety Award Winners.
Award winners are: Sgt. James Ardis of Sumter County Sheriff's Office, Officer 1st Class Cedric Kirkman of Sumter Police Department, Lance Cpl. Crystal Isaac of Sumter-Lee Regional Detention Center, Lance Cpl. Victoria Matthews of Sumter County EMS and Master Firefighter Jason Capell of Sumter Fire Department.
Also, during its regular meeting council will consider:
- Third and final reading of a request to rezone 46.99 acres at 2320 Beckwood Road from agricultural conservation to residential-15;
- Third reading of a request to rezone 16.39 acres at 160 Jefferson Road from general residential to heavy industrial; and
- First reading, in title only, of an ordinance to amend Sumter County's 2018-19 budget ordinance by changing the amount of anticipated funds, money and revenues estimated to be received from all resources and changing the amount to be allocated toward the 2018-19 budget.
In other news:
- Sumter County Internal Affairs Committee will meet at 5:15 p.m. in County Council Conference Room to discuss and possibly make appointments to Santee-Wateree Regional Transportation Authority and the Sumter County Historical Commission; and
- Sumter County Fiscal, Tax and Property Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. in County Council Conference Room to discuss a proposed budget amendment that will be considered for first reading during council's regular meeting.
More Articles to Read