EARLY DEADLINES: Church News deadline for the Friday, Oct. 26, edition is noon Wednesday, Oct. 17.
ALIVE Praise & Worship Center, 342 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Open mic night for ages 18 and up at 6:30 p.m. Poetry, singing, music and spoken word. Free admission
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Tailgate worship and homecoming services at 10 a.m. on the parsonage grounds. Enjoy worship, food and fellowship. Call (803) 478-4557.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Sunday - The Inspirational Choir's anniversary will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Raymond Cook will speak. Theme: "Unto Thee, O Lord, Will We Sing Praises."
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Annual day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Black River Missionary Baptist Association, P.O. Box 939, Manning, announces:
* Sunday-Saturday, Oct. 20 - The 114th annual session of Black River Missionary Baptist Association will convene at Mount Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 5918 S.C. 260, Manning, as follows: 4 p.m. Sunday, Parent Body Session with ministers and ministers' wives ministry and deacons and deacons' wives ministry, the Rev. Jonathan Anderson will speak; 5 p.m. Monday, brotherhood and trustee ministries, the Rev. Edward L. Sanders will speak; 5 p.m. Tuesday, District Congress of Christian Education and usher's ministry, the Rev. Dr. George P. Windley Sr. will speak; 5 p.m. Wednesday, YWA and woman's district ministries, the Rev. David Lawson will speak; 4 p.m. Thursday, Parent Body Session, updates on education, State E&M Convention and S.C. Congress of Christian Education, the Rev. Clifford Gaymon will speak; 6 p.m. Friday, 20th Educational Scholarship Banquet at Manning Junior High School, the Rev. Dr. Lewis W. Walker Jr. will speak, call (803) 485-8155 for tickets; and 10 a.m. Sunday, junior missionary ministry, the Rev. Victor Scott will speak, young people's convention.
Church of God by Faith Inc., 609 Atlantic Ave., announces:
* Today-Sunday - The 24th Annual October Assembly will be held at 7:30 p.m. today and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Elder Andre' McBride, a pastor in Lynchburg and the National Church of God by Faith Convention coordinator, will speak.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated in place of the normal worship service, which begins at 9:30 a.m., followed by Sunday school. A covered dish lunch will be held in the fellowship hall. (Visitors are not asked to bring a covered dish.) All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Expanded trunk-or-treat 5-7 p.m. with hot dogs, bounce houses, face painting and lots of candy.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 20-21, Wednesday, Oct. 24 and Sunday, Oct. 28 - The 154th church anniversary celebration "Connecting Congregation and Community to the Glory of God" as follows: 9 a.m. Saturday, community connections prayer breakfast at Goodwin Family Life Center, EUMC, the Rev. Marvis L. Stewart will speak; Sunday, Oct. 21, 9 a.m. Sunday school followed by 10 a.m. pre-anniversary worship, Congressman James Clyburn will speak; 7 p.m. Wednesday, one night revival, the Rev. Marion H. Newton will speak; and Sunday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. Sunday school, 10 a.m. worship with the Rev. Marvis Stewart, 3 p.m. worship celebration with the Rev. Telly L. Gadson, and 4:30 p.m., fellowship dinner.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 27 - Women's conference at 8 a.m. at 221 Rosewood Drive, Columbia. Theme: "Willing to walk on water." Deherda Butler will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Fourth Sunday fellowship at 4 p.m. at True Vine Outreach Ministry, 13028 Garners Ferry Road, Eastover.
Faith Outreach Assembly, 42 Callen Drive, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Brown bag fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring barbecue sandwich, chips and cookie for $5.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 19-21 - Women's Day weekend will be as follows: 6:30 p.m. Friday, game night; 9 a.m. Saturday, prayer breakfast, Dr. Belinda Windley will speak; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Elder Belinda Randolph will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday - Family and friends day worship at 3:30 p.m. Apostle Tommy L. Fredericks, of Love Covenant Church, will speak.
Goodwill Baptist Church, 1329 Goodwill Church Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - Celebration for the 11th year of pastoral leadership of Elder Renel Trevol at 4 p.m.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Celebrating the ministry of musician Debra bka "Tookie" Hilton at 6 p.m.
Kingsbury Road Church of Christ, 215 Kingsbury Road, announces:
* Sunday-Friday, Oct. 19 - Gospel revival. Sunday's services: 9:45 a.m. Bible class, 11 a.m. worship, 1-2:30 p.m. dinner and 3 p.m. worship. Monday-Friday services will be at 7:30 nightly. Evangelist Brock Shanks, of Lexington, North Carolina, will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Amanda Hill will speak. Join the group for a powerful teaching on "Rise Up ... A Call to Destiny." A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
LaGree AME Church, 2920 Kolb Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The 126th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. The Rev. Gregory Williams, pastor of Orangehill AME Church, will speak. Theme: "It's harvest time."
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays running through Nov. 28 (Oct. 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Deadline for meal registration for the Oct. 24 session is Oct. 22. Call (803) 453-5759, email email@example.com or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston.
Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church, 302 Woodward St., Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Dr. Ralph W. Canty, pastor of Savannah Grove Baptist Church, will speak at 5 p.m. as part of the 120th church anniversary celebration.
* Sunday, Nov. 4 - Dr. Donald Green, pastor of Andrews Chapel Baptist Church of Orangeburg, will speak at 4 p.m. as part of the 120th church anniversary celebration.
Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 27 - Church Women United annual salad luncheon 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Morris College day worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Leroy Staggers, Morris College president, will speak. Music will be provided by the Morris College Choir. The One Sumter Community meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Candidates for Sumter School District board will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Deacons / deaconess ministry annual worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The Mass Choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Today and Sunday - The 156th anniversary of the church will be celebrated as follows: 7 p.m. today, revival, the Rev. Kenneth Nelson, of the S.C. Annual Conference - Columbia, will speak; and 4 p.m. Sunday, closing service, Dr. Robin Dease, Hartsville District superintendent, will speak.
New Fellowship Baptist Church, 105 S. Purdy St., announces:
* Sunday - Youth Sunday worship at 10:30 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 30th church anniversary will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. The Rev. Dale Edwards will speak.
* Monday-Saturday, Oct. 22-27 - The Wateree Baptist Association's conference will be held.
New Hope AME Church, 18808 Panola Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - The pastoral anniversary of the Rev. Jose Lozano will be celebrated at 2:30 p.m. The Rev. Dante Kenley, pastor of Saint James AME Church of Columbia, will speak.
New Salem Baptist Church, 2500 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 4 - Homecoming with 10:30 a.m. worship service followed by lunch in the fellowship hall.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Oct. 24-26 - Annual "Fire" Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Dr. William Woods, pastor of Salem Baptist Church of Sumter, will speak.
Pisgah Baptist Church, 8295 Black River Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Fall festival and trunk-or-treat will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. featuring food, hayrides, face painting, games, a bouncy house, obstacle course, Tae Kwon-Do demonstration; car seat checks and more. Richland County Sheriff's Deputy Lt. Danny Brown, from "Live PD," will be in attendance. Event is being sponsored and presented by several community churches.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - SBC Global Hunger Sunday.
* Monday - Widows luncheon at 11 a.m. Call (803) 481-9688 for details.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Pack-the-pew worship service at 3 p.m. The Rev. James Cabbagestalk, of St. Mark AME Church of Olanta, will speak.
Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 320 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The second pastoral anniversary celebration for the Rev. Dr. Cartrell W. Woods Jr. and Nedith Woods. The Rev. Adeira Black, pastor of Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church of Bishopville, will speak at 10 a.m. and the Rev. Sam Livingston, pastor of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church of Manning, will speak at 4 p.m.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Annual calendar tea will be held at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. John Johnson, associate pastor of Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Annual appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh at 4 p.m. Pastor Rosa Fulton, of the Master's Place of Manning, will speak.
St. Phillip UME Church, 1458 St. Phillip UME Church Road, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - Pastor's appreciation service at 2 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Kimberly Ferguson, of Renewed Life Center Church of Dalzell, will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring the Parsons Redeemed, Burning Bridges Ministry and Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown.
More Articles to Read