ALIVE Praise & Worship Center, 342 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Open mic night for ages 18 and up at 6:30 p.m. Poetry, singing, music and spoken word. Free admission
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 14 - The Inspirational Choir's anniversary will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Raymond Cook will speak. Theme: "Unto Thee, O Lord, Will We Sing Praises."
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Monday-Wednesday, Oct. 8-10 - Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Monday, the Rev. Dale Edwards; Tuesday, the Rev. Leroy Blanding; and Wednesday, the Rev. Aaron Vaughn.
Church of God by Faith Inc., 609 Atlantic Ave., announces:
* Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 11-14 - The 24th Annual October Assembly will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Elder Andre' McBride, a pastor in Lynchburg and the National Church of God by Faith Convention coordinator, will speak.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated in place of the normal worship service, which begins at 9:30 a.m., followed by Sunday school. A covered dish lunch will be held in the fellowship hall. (Visitors are not asked to bring a covered dish.) All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Sunday - Communion will be observed followed by 11:30 a.m. worship.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Sunday - Music on he Lawn Gospel Jazz Concert for Cure at 5 p.m. for breast cancer awareness. The Sound and David Geter and Friends will provide music.
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 19-21 - Women's Day weekend will be as follows: 6:30 p.m. Friday, game night; 9 a.m. Saturday, prayer breakfast, Dr. Belinda Windley will speak; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Elder Belinda Randolph will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will follow the 10:15 a.m. service.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 13 - Celebrating the ministry of musician Debra bka "Tookie" Hilton at 6 p.m.
Kingdom M-Pact Worship Center, 950 Miller Road, announces:
* Saturday - Yard sale 7 a.m.-noon.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 13 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Amanda Hill will speak. Join the group for a powerful teaching on "Rise Up ... A Call to Destiny." A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays running through Nov. 28 (Oct. 10 and 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Deadline for meal registration for the Oct. 10 session is Oct. 8. Call (803) 453-5759, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. Rev. Zadig will be present for the Oct. 10 session.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Evangelist Savitrus McFadden will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 14 - Morris College day worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Leroy Staggers, Morris College president, will speak. Music will be provided by the Morris College Choir.
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Deacons / deaconess ministry annual worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The Mass Choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Friday, Oct. 12, and Sunday, Oct. 14 - The 156th anniversary of the church will be celebrated as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, revival, the Rev. Kenneth Nelson, of the S.C. Annual Conference - Columbia, will speak; and 4 p.m. Sunday, closing service, Dr. Robin Dease, Hartsville District superintendent, will speak.
New Fellowship Baptist Church, 105 S. Purdy St., announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion service at 11 a.m. Sunday school will begin at 9:30 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The church anniversary will be celebrated.
* Monday-Saturday, Oct. 22-27 - The Wateree Baptist Association's conference will be held.
New Hope AME Church, 18808 Panola Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 14 - The pastoral anniversary of the Rev. Jose Lozano will be celebrated at 2:30 p.m. The Rev. Dante Kenley, pastor of Saint James AME Church of Columbia, will speak.
Open Bible Baptist Church, 180 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Today-Sunday - Missions conference at 7 nightly today-Saturday and 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Dr. Duain Whittemore will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday - The Inspirational Choir's anniversary program at 2 p.m.
Pisgah Baptist Church, 8295 Black River Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Fall festival and trunk-or-treat will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. featuring food, hayrides, face painting, games, a bouncy house, obstacle course, Tae Kwon-Do demonstration; car seat checks and more. Richland County Sheriff's Deputy Lt. Danny Brown, from "Live PD," will be in attendance. Event is being sponsored and presented by several community churches.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Today - Ablaze service with Neal Welch at 7 p.m.
* Sunday - The Lord's Super will be observed at 6:30 p.m.
* Wednesday - "That the World May Know" video Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Call (803) 481-9688 for details.
Reeseville AME Church, U.S. 521, Alcolu, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 2 p.m. The Rev. David Lawson will speak.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Pack-the-pew worship service at 3 p.m. The Rev. James Cabbagestalk, of St. Mark AME Church of Olanta, will speak.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Annual calendar tea will be held at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. John Johnson, associate pastor of Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - Annual appreciation program for the Rev. Ruth Pugh at 4 p.m. Pastor Rosa Fulton, of the Master's Place of Manning, will speak.
Sumter Free Will Baptist of the Pentecostal Faith Church, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 11 a.m. The Rev. Wayne Locklear will speak.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Oct. 10-12 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Sandra Moss, pastor of Lamar Church of God of Lamar; Thursday, the Rev. William Amaker, of Wateree Church of God of Wateree; and Friday, the Rev. Dale Edwards, of New Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 13 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring the Parsons Redeemed, Burning Bridges Ministry and Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown.
More Articles to Read